Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: BLinD_FaLCoN11 First Son 3 posts

PSN troubles(read all)

5 replies 172 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

So I wanted to make my main account on PSN that I have used for years.
It told me the account was taken. I then added that account to my friends list on another PSN account, it told me the name didn't exist...
(spelling, spacing, etc. was all correct)

So with that info, I called Sony. At first they confirmed that the PSN I wanted was an available PSN. They gave me some stuff to try, still couldn't make the account.

Eventually, on the third call to Sony, the guy puts me on hold, comes back a couple minutes later, and tells me that the PSN I wanted, isn't taken, but it is not allowed to be made by anyone....also saying that this is the first time he has ever come across this situation...

Anyone know why this would be? Or is the PSN I want the only name on PSN that no one is allowed to have....?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: PSN troubles(read all)

Nov 21, 2012

Um, yeah, I never heard of such a thing.

Perhaps you should try an ID that is less profound.  Creating a PSN ID has become a strange new art form or something.  You should check out THIS thread.  It can give you some insight as to how us regular people pick an ID.

Just trying to help.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2012

It was just a simple ID.
two words, with an underscore inbetween. Follows all the rules.
Heck, the first person I talked to at sony told me it was available. I just don't know why this one account is unavailable to be made.

The reason I want this PSN so bad is because I have used it for years, on PS2 games and the such.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Just seems strange is all.  Maybe you did something a while ago that caught some bad attention, so they decided to ban it going forward.  Don't know.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I'm new to PS3, only have had it for a few months. Havent used the account or anything.
It is rather unfortunate though. Even worse so, cause no one I have talked to about this, has ever heard about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Well, there is always a first for everything.  Hope you find a solution, or figure out another name you may like.

Best of luck.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (126 Views)
0 Likes