Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2013
By: irishguy87 First Son 11 posts

PSN update failure. Help Please

4 replies 268 views Edited Mar 21, 2013

i keep trying to do the latest update(i think it said it's 4.40)  but i keep getting an error code 8002F1F9, i tried doing what it said turn off system and unplug power cord and wait a couple minutes, i also can't even use my ps3 for offline play anymore because it goes right to the update which fails everytime and i can't exit out of the update

Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1100 posts

Re: PSN update failure. Help Please

Mar 21, 2013

irishguy87 wrote:

i keep trying to do the latest update(i think it said it's 4.40)  but i keep getting an error code 8002F1F9, i tried doing what it said turn off system and unplug power cord and wait a couple minutes, i also can't even use my ps3 for offline play anymore because it goes right to the update which fails everytime and i can't exit out of the update

That's not a good error irishguy87, I checked it and it seems to be "error is unconnected hardware or bad wifi bluetooth hardware". There are posts on other forums on how to fix it but it involves you opening the system up. Now I'm not 100% certain that that's the problem, but when i did a google search, that's what kept coming up. I hope it's not that, because that would suck.

Message 2 of 5 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
464 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

Activating Safe Mode

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep,
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep.  At that point release the Power button.  If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."
  4. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.

5Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.

at this point you will pick   #3  only   again only                #3 Restore File System            

Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

May 31, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

irishguy87 wrote:

That's not a good error irishguy87, I checked it and it seems to be "error is unconnected hardware or bad wifi bluetooth hardware". There are posts on other forums on how to fix it but it involves you opening the system up. Now I'm not 100% certain that that's the problem, but when i did a google search, that's what kept coming up. I hope it's not that, because that would suck.

would a manual update work using an usb flash drive?

Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

May 31, 2013

irishguy87 wrote:

would a manual update work using an usb flash drive?

It should. Use Safe Mode as described above your latest post.

Message 5 of 5 (100 Views)
0 Likes