Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2013
By: BlackVertigo1 First Son 4 posts

PSN user ID change

12 replies 303 views Edited Jul 14, 2013

*First post I've made in this forums.*

So my username is BlackVertigo1 and I want to change it to Blackvertigo1. I've noticed that no one is using Blackvertigo1 so could someone point me in the right direction?

The Material Defender
My ship: Descent 3's Pyro-GL; All other ships are a work of fiction.
My technologies: Shielding, Energy Weapons, Warp, Cloaking, Materialization, Holographics, Levitation, Harnessed Fusion
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (303 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14096 posts

Re: PSN user ID change

Jul 14, 2013

Welcome to the forums!  It is often useful to do a search of the forums before posting.  These forums have been around for several years, so there is a good chance that the answer to a common question is already here.  In this case, this question has been posted hundreds, if not thousands, of times before.  Sony does not allow the online id of a PSN account to be changed, under any circumstances, after the account has been created.  People have been asking Sony for this for at least six years.  It isn't going to change. Sony has its reasons for not wanting to do this.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (288 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I think it's possible but I heard you can pay for that
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (279 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28703 posts

Jul 14, 2013

SpitFire_199 wrote:
I think it's possible but I heard you can pay for that

That's incorrect, a PSN ID change is not available for any price.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I've done everything I could and it led me to this forums.

Yeah I've changed my username once before, it was a forums issue (on another forums). But this is a PSN issue.

I'm guessing no one is using Blackvertigo1, but because of the mishap of closeness of usernames its been jettisoned as a plausable applicable outcome. However, if I was in a certain position I'd aquire it myself.

If your wondering why I'm so troubled the username comes from Descent !  Vertigo - 1 is the protagonist, I just added so it was more spacey.

Okay. Whew.

The Material Defender
My ship: Descent 3's Pyro-GL; All other ships are a work of fiction.
My technologies: Shielding, Energy Weapons, Warp, Cloaking, Materialization, Holographics, Levitation, Harnessed Fusion
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

My Old Account Is Basically Gone...

Jul 15, 2013

Hi! Come anyone help me with this? I had to make a new PlayStation Network account because my password randomly changed once I tried to sign in one day. My email address in which was used for that account, cannot be accessed. My brother created my email a few years back and we cannot access either email addresses to solve this issue. I know the possible email addresses and and elder passwords, so if someone of the Sony community could help me, I'd appreciate it very much! One of my main reasons for not remembering most of my information is because this happened back in the Summer of 2010 and I ended up getting the Yellow Light of Death in 2011, causing me to have to buy a new PlayStation. Due to that, I cannot remember which email address I signed up with...

By the way, my last account (one I'm trying to recover) is DRBhyrulian. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: My Old Account Is Basically Gone...

Jul 15, 2013

{Ugh, I messed up a lot on this post. I used multiple 'and's and such...} [IGNORE THIS COMMENT - RETURN TO HELP WITH THE POST]

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (238 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5725 posts

Jul 15, 2013

DRBhylian wrote:

Hi! Come anyone help me with this? I had to make a new PlayStation Network account because my password randomly changed once I tried to sign in one day. >snip<

Passwords do not randomly change.  Someone changed it.  Try using the Security Question to reset your account, or contact SONY Customer Service by clicking on "Contacting Support" in the lower left of any forum page.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (230 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5725 posts

Jul 15, 2013

BlackVertigo1 wrote:

I've done everything I could and it led me to this forums.

Yeah I've changed my username once before, it was a forums issue (on another forums). But this is a PSN issue.

>snip<

You can do what you want in various forums, but you cannot change your PSN ID unless you have an Asian account.  I have heard that you can pay a fee for a change, but only in Asia.  This may no longer be true, but do a search - you might find something.

Your only other option is to register the ID you want.  You will not, however, be able to transfer your PSN Store purchases or trophies.  That's just how it is.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I wonder who could have hi-jacked my account... Well, anyway. . . There's a security question choice on PlayStation Network? Or is that for email? The DOB for my old PSN account doesn't match, and I know it was probably stupid to make a fake birthdate, but I was only at the age of nine when I created the account in 2008. :/

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (222 Views)
0 Likes