Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2013
By: Androu1 First Son 8 posts

Paypal problems

4 replies 650 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

So I've been trying to add funds to my wallet but they always end up being cancelled for some reason. I have looked around and I have found that it's apparently because my PSN account is set to United States but my Paypal account is set to Venezuela. Is this why I can't add funds through paypal? If so, is there no way around this stupid restriction?

PSN is the only service that has made it so hard for me to give it money, which you would guess it's what they would make the easiest! This is extremely frustrating.

Message 1 of 5 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Re: Paypal problems

Feb 8, 2013
nope, not you. i'm in canada. and i cant use my paypal/mastercard either.
Meems
Message 2 of 5 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 10, 2013
Are your Paypal/Mastercard addresses the same as your PSN account's? If so, then maybe this has nothing to do with region or anything but is something else entirely.
Message 3 of 5 (632 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15432 posts

Feb 10, 2013

I've used Paypal to fund my PSN wallet three times so far, and had no trouble at any time.  You should expect it not to work if the confirmed address of your Paypal account is in a different country than the one registered for your PSN account, or if your Paypal account does not have a confirmed address.  The acceptance rules for Paypal transactions are essentially the same as for credit cards.  Contrary to popular belief, Sony did not start accepting Paypal to make it more convenient to fund the wallet of foreign PSN accounts, that you still are not allowed to have.  Giving false information when you register for a PSN account is a violation of the PSN terms-of-service and user agreement.  If you live in Venezuela, and you register an account as a US resident, then you broke a PSN rule. There is no way around that.  You are only allowed to use the Playstation Store for the country that you are a legal resident of.  If PSN isn't offered in that country, then you are not allowed to use PSN at all. If specific content is not available in your country's Playstation Store, then there is a good legal reason for that.  The answer is not for you to create a PSN account in some other country that does have what you want. If you insist on doing that, then you probably will have to continue to purchase US PSN card codes online, as you may have done before.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (617 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 30, 2014
I got my psn account for the uk when i lived in the uk i have now moved to australia so moved my paypal to oz but carnt move my psn so it means they are different
Message 5 of 5 (416 Views)
0 Likes