Do you mean 
Apr 03 2012
By: potatobreath PlayStation MVP 7785 posts

PlayStation 3 Networking and Connection Quality FAQ

[ Edited ]
92 replies 63520 views Edited Dec 25, 2012

Table of Contents

General

My PS3 internet connection isn't working!

How come I can't connect to the PlayStation Network?

My favorite game tells me I have a strict or moderate NAT Type. How can I change this to open?

How do I check my connection quality from my PS3?

Do I have enough bandwidth to play online games?

Why should I update my router firmware?

Why are my bandwidth results poor on my PS3 but not on my PC?

Why can't I obtain an IP address, or why am I connected to a private network only?

How do I use a static IP address?

Why am I getting a DNS error?

Some guy told me I should change my MTU to make my PS3 internet super fast. What should I set it to?

My friend with a competing console never gets these connection problems! I'm going to switch!

Fun with NAT

Why do I have NAT Type 3? How can I get NAT Type 2?

What is NAT Type 2?

What is NAT Type 1?

What is UPnP?

What is DMZ?

What is manual port forwarding?

How do I bridge my modem?

I read everything here and put my router into manual port forwarding, DMZ AND UPnP and it still doesn't work. What gives?

Wireless

Is the PS3 wireless a, b, g or n?

Why is my wireless connection poor?

What wireless channel should I use?

What security should I use?

My wireless signal is still weak! What can I do?

Routers

How do I turn on UPnP on my Linksys router?

What router do you use?

I think my router is rubbish. What should I get?

Internet Service Providers

I'm using the cell phone network to game. How come I'm stuck with NAT Type 3?

I live in a remote area. How's satellite for gaming?

How do I get my PS3 to connect to my college/university campus network?

All my computers get disconnected from time to time. I reset the modem repeatedly and it doesn't help. What can I do?

PlayStation Home & Store

I can't connect or stay connected to Home. I keep getting booted out! or I can't buy anything from the PlayStation Store!

Miscellaneous

I still can't figure this out. Where can I find help?

This is utterly fascinating stuff! Where can I learn more?

Feedback

General

My PS3 internet connection isn't working!

Try restarting your router by unplugging it from the wall power for thirty seconds. Also, check the router manufacturer's website for firmware updates (see Wireless section below). To keep things simple while you're troubleshooting, use the automatic or easy internet connection settings on your PS3. If you want to ask for help effectively, make sure you include relevant details like how your PS3 is hooked up to the internet, when the problems started occuring and what router you are using.

How come I can't connect to the PlayStation Network?

Sometimes PSN is down for maintenance, but sometimes it's your connection -- especially if other people seem to be getting online just fine. Try browsing the internet with the built-in web browser and see if you get a connection. If it works, then there might be a temporarily outage in the network between your PS3 and PSN. If you cannot, then you'll need to check your home network because the PS3 can't reach the internet. If you are using wireless, test with a wired connection if possible. Wireless reception could be flakey even with a high percentage signal. See the Wireless section below for tips.

My favorite game tells me I have a strict or moderate NAT Type. How can I change this to open?

Use the Internet Connection Test in the PS3 Network Settings. It will tell you NAT Type in terms of a number (1, 2, 3) and whether or not you have UPnP working. The best route to NAT Type Open is to make sure you have NAT Type 2, and UPnP enabled. Alternatively, you can also put your PS3 in the DMZ if UPnP isn't working on your router for NAT Type Open. Get NAT Type 2 before you start messing with port forwarding, DMZ and UPnP, or you will have headaches. See the Fun with NAT section below.

How do I check my connection quality from my PS3?

Use the Internet Connection Test in the PS3 Network Settings. It will list connection operations that succeed or fail, NAT Type, UPnP status and bandwidth. NAT Type 2 and UPnP enabled are particularly important if you want to host multiplayer games on the internet. If you miss one or the other, don't fret. There's usually some tinkering you can do. See the Fun with NAT section below.

Wakko03 suggests using Speedtest and Pingtest from a PC for an idea of internet connection quality from your home end. Pingtest should return an A or A- rating. Pingtest requires Java plugin.

Do I have enough bandwidth to play online games?

Probably. For online games and hosting, upload bandwidth is more important than download bandwidth. However, you don't need very much: even 1 Mbps upload should be more than suffcient. More importantly, you should make sure your PS3 has an open connection to the internet. Usually, this is accomplished with NAT Type 2 and UPnP enabled. Avoid running peer to peer file sharing apps (e.g. BitTorrent) unless you can set limits to reserve some constant upstream bandwidth for your online gaming; otherwise, they may consume most of your upstream bandwidth and strangle your PS3's gaming connection. Result: lots of lag.

Why should I update my router firmware?

Manufacturers often have software updates ('firmware') for the router. These firmware updates add features, fix bugs and improve performance. By the time you buy the wireless router from the store, the manufacturer likely has updates to fix problems they discovered after the routers were loaded onto the shipping trucks. If you have problems with your internet connection, it's a good idea to check for newer firmware. You will need the model and version number of your router from the sticker underneath your router. Take this information, and visit the support or downloads area of the router manufacturer's website. Make sure you update the router firmware with a wired connection, because if you lose your wireless connection mid-update, you may brick your router. Some of the newer routers can update themselves automatically from their settings webpages. Wireless gateways loaned to you by your internet service provider are usually updated automatically, but it may be worth checking if you have an older model.

Why are my bandwidth results poor on my PS3 but not on my PC?

The PS3 Internet Connection Test is not very accurate. It will usually underestimate the actual bandwidth. I assume it has to do with the PlayStation Network servers that the test uses. The web browser isn't much better because the Flash plugin is outdated and slow. Testing on the PS3 should only be used to confirm there is a connection, not how fast it is. Do speed tests on a PC instead if you need accuracy; I personally use Speedtest.net, but there are others like Speakeasy.

Why can't I obtain an IP address, or why am I connected to a private network only?

If you are using wireless, then it usually means your wireless signal is too weak. Private network only means your PS3 cannot find the router, so it is assigning itself a private IP address for use in networks with no router; this is probably because the wireless signal is too weak. Giving your PS3 a static IP address is a band-aid fix, and you're likely to have further connection troubles because you haven't fixed the root issue: a weak or intermittent wireless connection. Try a wired connection to test with; if that works, then you will need to improve your wireless connection. Read the Wireless section of this FAQ for tips.

How do I use a static IP address?

You need a static IP address only if you want to use DMZ or manual port forwarding. You can see how your network is set up by going to the Settings and Connection Status List in the PS3 Network Settings; your router's IP address will be given under "Default Router". Before giving your PS3 a static IP address, make sure it doesn't overlap with the range the router hands out automatically! If the router gives another device the same IP address, then both devices will fall off the network! You can check the range the router gives out in the DHCP range or pool in the router settings. Don't choose a value like 192.168.x.0, 192.168.x.1 or 192.168.x.255, because they're special. Anything in between might be okay if you are certain it does not overlap with the DHCP range or other devices with static IP addresses.

Assuming the router is at 192.168.0.1, the custom PS3 IP address settings look like this example:

PS3

IP address: 192.168.0.2 <- make sure it doesn't overlap!

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 <- means the network ranges from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.0.255

Default Router/Gateway: 192.168.0.1 <- this should be your router

Primary DNS: 192.168.0.1 <- use your router

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 <- 0.0.0.0 means blank, or use Google DNS 8.8.8.8

Sometimes the network is on 192.168.1.x. Imagine the router has the IP address 192.168.1.254. Then, the details might look like this:

PS3

IP address: 192.168.1.9 <- this is up to you, but make sure it doesn't overlap

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Router/Gateway: 192.168.1.254 <- router at 192.168.1.254

Primary DNS: 192.168.1.254 <- again, same as your default router

Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

A static IP address does not improve your internet connection on its own. Stick with automatic dynamic IP addresses unless you need a static IP address. Try PortForward.com for step-by-step guides for various routers.

Why am I getting a DNS error?

Sometimes the internet service provider has a really crummy DNS server. DNS basically translates a readable web address like www.foo.org to 74.125.224.72. You can try giving your PS3 a manual DNS server to access like 8.8.8.8 (Google Public DNS) or 208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS) in the advanced internet connection settings. If that doesn't fix it, then you don't have a DNS problem. More likely it's a weak or intermittent connection, especially with wireless connections. Make sure that wireless connection is strong!

Some guy told me I should change my MTU to make my PS3 internet super fast. What should I set it to?

Use the automatic setting. It's already set for optimal performance for most people. If you have a connection problem, it's probably elsewhere.

My friend with a competing console never gets these connection problems! I'm going to switch!

You can switch consoles if you want to play other exclusive titles, but the connection problems will probably still bite you in the rear end after you unpack and connect your shiny new toy. It's smarter to fix the connection issues on your end first. Try lugging your PS3 over to your friend's house and see if your connection improves there. If it does, then you know something's wrong with the internet connection at your place.

Fun with NAT

Why do I have NAT Type 3? How can I get NAT Type 2?

NAT Type 3 means the PS3 is behind a very restrictive connection. It is difficult for other PS3s across the internet to reach yours. Sometimes there are two routers in line, with one scrambling the connection data of the other. Sometimes the internet service provider provides you with a modem that performs NAT/routing for protection (think 'firewall'). If you use your own router behind this type of modem (sometimes called a 'gateway'), then you will have to turn off the routing on the modem (sometimes called 'bridging'). Some modems will move you from NAT Type 3 to NAT Type 1 if you put the PS3 in the DMZ.

What is NAT Type 2?

NAT Type 2 means the PS3 is behind a single router. Other PS3s over the internet should be able to reach your PS3 by some available method. This is a very good thing.

What is NAT Type 1?

NAT Type 1 means the PS3 is connected directly to the internet with no firewall or anything else in the way. You don't need port forwarding, DMZ nor UPnP with NAT Type 1. It may be the most direct connection, but then the PS3 is directly exposed to the internet with nothing to protect it. I don't recommend it because there are probably security vulnerabilities in the PS3 that we or Sony don't know about, and may make it easy for others to hack into your PS3. If you do use it, then good luck.

What is UPnP?

UPnP is automatic port forwarding. The game or application on the PS3 talks to your router to open connections out to other PS3s across the internet. It's usually controlled by an on or off setting on the router. For best results, update the router firmware; see "Why should I update my router firmware?" above. Sometimes, turning off the Media Server Connection feature on the PS3 can help UPnP work on buggy routers. Make sure all the software on your personal computers is up to date too to be secure.

What is DMZ?

The demilitarized zone basically exposes your PS3 to the internet like NAT Type 1. If UPnP cannot be made to work, I would go with DMZ as a last resort. You will need to assign the PS3 a static IP address to make DMZ work. Then you need to add your PS3's static IP address to your router's DMZ page. Try PortForward.com for step-by-step guides for various routers.

What is manual port forwarding?

Manual port forwarding basically redirects all connections from the internet for a certain port to a specific computer on your network. It was designed for services like web server, mail server and file server that use a single port number. Modern games use large ranges of port numbers, and it is difficult to forward them all manually. There's a list of numbers for the PlayStation Network, but they don't cover third-party games. I find it difficult to recommend manual port forwarding as a last resort because DMZ is much easier to set up. You should try UPnP first. But you can find step-by-step guides for various routers on PortForward.com.

How do I bridge my modem?

For cable modems, it's usually an option to disable NAT.

For DSL modems, it's usually an option to bridge by RFC-1483. Afterwards, you may need to enter your PPPoE login in your router.

The manufacturers usually have manuals online on their websites if you have misplaced yours. Once bridged, you may no longer be able to access the configuration page of your modem, because it's working as a regular modem now. If you ever need to change it back, try the reset button on the side of the modem. Hold it for 30 seconds.

If you're not sure how to bridge, call your internet service provider. They'll have your PPPoE username and password if you need them too.

I read everything here and put my router into manual port forwarding, DMZ ANDUPnP and it still doesn't work. What gives?

There's something else broken with your setup. If you have NAT Type 3, then you must fix that first. Don't use all three methods for your PS3. It only causes confusion over what is actually working for you, and doesn't improve your connection any.

Wireless

Is the PS3 wireless a, b, g or n?

The PS3 is wireless g on the 2.4 GHz band, but it is also backwards compatible with wireless b. To connect to a wireless access point (WAP), the WAP must be set up for wireless b or g. Wireless n routers should be set to g+n mixed mode. Buggy wireless n routers can be set to wireless g mode, but look for a firmware update first.

Why is my wireless connection poor?

Wireless is affected by many variables like distance, walls, baby talk radios, wireless phones, neighbours with their own wireless access points, etc.If your connection is intermittent, try restarting your wireless router. If that fixes it, then you want to find a more permanent fix by improving your wireless signal. Sometimes the wireless strength will say 90-100%, but the connection may still cut out. Try a different wireless channel. See Firmware update in the General section above too.

What wireless channel should I use?

For wireless g or b, use channel 1 or channel 11, whichever is stronger. The channels in between suffer more from overlap and interference.

What security should I use?

Use WPA2-PSK AES. If you have a PSP, use WPA-PSK AES. The AES option is sometimes called 'CCMP'. If your router only does WEP or WPA-PSK TKIP, then it's time to get a new router. I don't recommend MAC address filtering; it won't stop anyone committed to breaking in, and it will be a pain in the butt if you forget you have it on when connecting with a new device. Use a good password and SSID too. You don't want your neighbours to scan for networks, and see an unsecured wireless point named "linksys" with login admin/admin.

To secure your router in DD-WRT or Tomato, turn off the option that lets you change router settings from across the internet. If given the option between HTTP or HTTPS for the router web browser settings page, set it to HTTPS only. You will probably have to make a certificate exception in your web browser when you change your router settings though.

My wireless signal is still weak! What can I do?

Try a wireless bridge. They are sometimes marketed as "wireless gaming adaptors". Basically, they turn your PS3's wired ethernet port into a wireless adaptor and bypass the built-in wireless radio completely. Then you can move the wireless bridge around to find a spot for best reception.

Routers

How do I turn on UPnP on my Linksys router?

Linksys hid their UPnP option in the Administration tab. It's an on/off toggle option. Do not confuse this with the "UPnP Triggering" option on another page; I've never had to touch that to get UPnP working. I think DD-WRT has a similar interface.

I think my router is rubbish. What should I get?

If your router seems to be restarted often to keep a connection, and there are no more firmware updates in sight, then it's time for a new router. Also, get a new wireless router if yours doesn't work with UPnP or WPA2-PSK AES wireless security. If your router also doubles as a modem, then you might have to call your ISP for instructions on bridging so the router/modem will only serve as a regular modem and won't interfere with your new router.

As for router choices, try Newegg. Be sure to read reviews before you buy, and make sure the manufacturer keeps the firmware updates coming.

If you get a new router and hook it up correctly to the modem but don't get a working internet connection, then you may need to register your new router's MAC address with your internet service provider. The MAC address is usually on the sticker underneath the router alongside the model and version number. If you're tech savvy, you can make the new router copy ('spoof') the MAC address of your old router. Otherwise, call your internet service provider for assistance and tell them you need help connecting your new router to the internet.

What router do you use?

I have a WRT54GL running Tomato firmware. It's only wireless g, but I never have any trouble with it. I also have another WRT54G on the other side of the house to increase coverage. They're easy to find at garage sales or Craigslist, and they aren't very expensive new (WRT54GL). The secret sauce is in the continually updated custom firmware.

I will probably get a new wireless N router that supports EasyTomato when it comes time to upgrade. They recommend the Asus RT-N16.

Internet Service Providers

I'm using the cell phone network to game. How come I'm stuck with NAT Type 3?

It might be a limitation of trying to connect through the cellular network. I think you're stuck with NAT Type 3 unless you switch to cable or DSL. A 3G router probably won't fix this.

I live in a remote area. How's satellite for gaming?

The problem with satellite is that there's a significant delay to get the signal from your PS3 to the satellite and back. Satellites in lower orbits offer lower latency (or lag), but then bandwidth is poor. Satellite's fine for web surfing, but not suited for something timing sensitive like real-time online gaming. Try the cellular network instead if there's a cell phone tower near you.

How do I get my PS3 to connect to my college/university campus network?

You need to ask the people who run the network for instructions on connecting a game console. Each campus has its own way of setting up internet access. The campus network may require login througn a web browser, which can be impractical or even impossible on a console. However, there may be alternate ways to get connected that aren't immediately obvious.

All my computers get disconnected from time to time. I reset the modem repeatedly and it doesn't help. What can I do?

Call your internet service provider. Sometimes it's bad wiring in your house, or sometimes it's a problem on their end. They run tests, and send a technician to make sure everything is in good, working order. The technician found and retightened a loose cable connection in the wall jack supplying my cable modem, and my connection worked flawlessly since.

PlayStation Home and Store I can't stay connected to Home. I keep getting booted out! or I can't buy anything from the PlayStation Store!

The PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home often gag if they cannot open a secure connection between your PS3 and the Store servers. Make sure your time zone, Daylight Savings mode and time are set correctly in that order, because having the correct time is important for opening a secure connection.

Sometimes, it may be corrupted data on the hard drive. Go into Safe Mode and use the Restore File System and Rebuild Database commands to check the hard disk for errors and clear out temporary data. Ignore the warning about the hard drive being corrupted, because that will always display. Don't confuse Restore File System with Restore PS3 System, because the latter will erase your hard drive and all of your progress. Make sure you have your Home settings and game saves backed up to a spare USB thumb drive with Saved Data Utility if you haven't done so already.

Home purchases are tied to your online PSN ID, but your avatar settings are saved to your hard disk drive.

Miscellaneous

I still can't figure this out. Where can I find help?

You can post here and hope someone can walk you through step by step. Or even better, bribe your favorite computer guru with dinner or drinks and watch them demystify your network.

This is utterly fascinating stuff! Where can I learn more?

Try the Ars Technica Networking Matrix. There are much smarter people that do this for a living there.

Feedback

This is a work in progress, and I probably missed or misunderstood something somewhere. Or in the process of writing this for the layman, I've dumbed it down a bit too much. Usually there are other ways of doing things, but in the FAQ I try to use the simplest solution that I feel is the easiest to maintain, so we can keep gaming. If you get rubbed the wrong way or you have a suggestion, feel free to leave feedback via personal message or in the comments.

Message 85 of 93 (63,520 Views)
VP of Gaming
29717 posts

Re: PlayStation 3 Networking and Connection Quality FAQ

Sep 10, 2011

Great stuff potato, I have absolutely no doubt I'll be pointing some future posters to this Thread,

P.S. if its not already this should 100% be stickied.

EDIT: I just gave someine a link to this Thread, I knew it wouldn't take long lol.

Message 1 of 93 (63,519 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 10, 2011

I'm just tired of sounding like a broken record. The other NAT Type fix threads I've seen are hopelessly out of date, and the comments fill up with the same questions over and over again. I thought about making a guide, but there are way too many routers and different possible setups out there. FAQ seemed like the easiest option.

Anyways, I'm glad it's useful for you. Hopefully it frees us time for other things, like actual gaming.

Message 2 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Maybe include some set-up info for the general common routers? (I.E. Linksys, Netgear, D-Link)  Other then that I liked this guide.  I had one small problem with it and that was under the "static Ip section".  Most problems I have seen have a router IP of 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.0.1.  That and the fact I think it needs more emphesis that it is just an example and information on how to find your routers IP.  Other then that bit though it looks good.

Message 3 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 11, 2011

I don't use those other brands of routers on a regular basis because I'm very happy with my current hardware so I cannot include vendor specific setup details. I can only include general instructions. The opportunity is there for someone to create a picture guide for each of the different vendors in another thread though.

I added another example for a 192.168.1.x home network from an ISP supplied wireless gateway to hopefully make it clearer.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Sep 11, 2011

An excellent read.

I have noticed that a lot of people just ask for help with some issues by describing them (the problem) and not giving any specifics, like what router they are using.

You might want to think about including a section about how to set-up their computer and home network to be a home network...(aka for windows setting it as a private or public network, Network and Sharing Section for windows), not even mentioning someone who has had errors and just created a new network, for some reason the computer will get confused if there are options for which one it might use.

And also under you when all else fails section, I might recommend having the ISP check the main drop line from the telephone pole, apartment dwellers depending on the specific nature of the design, may have wires you can't get at that have been damaged by rodents or corroded by a small leak over time, house owners  have to deal with squirrels and birds on the wire, damaging the shielding around the wire; making it an intermittent problem until the water can get inside and then it gets really bad.

Another thing to consider is that if your router or modem is years older than when the ps3 was released, it might be time to upgrade it.

At the same time, use pingtest and speedtest for a basic outline of stability of the connection  Anything less than an A or A- and a distance of under 400 miles (arbitrary) is a problem.

If someone in your ISP companies HUB (group of users on the same line basically) has 20 people that are heavy internet users; torrents, multiple devices streaming and what not, if you are customer 21 you might be waiting in the line for their information to go first.

color tag 001

Message 5 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Well, I want to keep the FAQ PS3 specific. Your home networking section has merit though if I think about the PS3 media server connection functionality. Even though I got Windows Media sharing working from Vista and Windows 7, it's not something I feel familiar with nor comfortable with to explain to someone else. Had one super obscure bug in Vista too that resulted me digging in a Microsoft KB article. Pain in the rear end. (yeah, ps3mediaserver was much easier)

I added some of the "if all else fails" ideas, especially your Pingtest idea. Thanks.

Message 6 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Sep 12, 2011

It is your thread, and I understand wanting to keep it PS3 specific, but it seems silly to start the conversation by completely ignoring the first steps in getting on to the internet in the first place.  This is where you can just post links to already created guides for setting up a home network.  Believe me, I understand this is a huge can of worms with tons of pitfalls and problematic potential....and yes I have visited Family across the country to help them set-up this many times when phone calls and emails failed to get things working....(when I visit i run them wires, as I hate wireless).

But what does the ps3 use to connect to the internet, your home network.  Which device controls the home network, generally a PC as the PS3 is too limited to act as the device in control of the network.

If someone is using the ps3 directly connected to the modem without a router, did they contact their ISP and provide the MAC Address Number for the PS3 to them?  Or did they just set it (their connection) up via the ps3 menu possibly just disconnecting a computer that was previously using it exclusively?  When they got their router, did they clone the MAC address Number of the Device the ISP knows as yours again this is normally the PC they used when they got their internet connection set-up for the first time, and why you have to contact your ISP if you get a new computer, with a new MAC address.  It is also possible to provide the MAC address for the router and not have to clone the PC MAC Address, but if you change your router, you have to tell them the new MAC Address number.

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36271532#36271532

PS Edit:  One of the ISP's usual first steps in troubleshooting a connection problem is to disconnect any routers from their modem and get your computer running the internet without it (the router).  When/ if that doesn't work, they will say that you need a service call or blame your operating system, telling you to contact your computer manufacturer....I like it when I say that they are speaking to them already and they tell me it is some other problem.

color tag 001

Message 7 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 12, 2011

This thread is meant to feature questions I frequently read on the PlayStation Boards and want to address regarding PS3 networking. I feel setting up home networking in Windows is outside the scope of this FAQ. Worst case scenario, the user hooks up his new Windows PC and it treats his LAN connection as a public network. Windows tightens security. His file and printer shares on his computer don't automatically appear to other computers on his local network, and other file and printer shares on his network are not automatically discovered by his computer. He can still use his web browser to change the router settings and surf the web. It doesn't affect his PS3 online gameplay one bit. Teaching people to prepare their Windows computer for home networking is a very kind and thoughtful idea though. Perhaps you could start a general networking FAQ?

I might link to a guide or have a brief writeup explaining the hardware side of building a very simple home network. I've added the MAC address registration to the router buying blurb.

My two ISPs were never that bad service-wise. I tell them I've exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps on my end (which is true; I don't recommend lying to them), and they offer to send a technician at no additional cost. I'm very happy with that option. I wouldn't paint all ISPs with the same broad brush. I try to be cordial but firm on the phone, and I find customer service representatives go the extra mile to help me.

Message 8 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Hmm... Table of Contents would be nice for us who like to CTRL+F.  I noticed this today when I kept referring back to this thread and had a difficult time finding what I wanted.  Not an impossible time, but a hassle none the less.

Also, I agree about leaving the home networking out of this one.  If we woudl do something like that here, then why don't we have how to start up a computer here too?  Just opened up a computer out of the box?  Well screw the manual, read this!  I just don't like the sound of things like that.  So home networking is not a Sony problem until it conflicts with online, and that is beautifully outlined here.

Message 9 of 93 (63,518 Views)
0 Likes