Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2012
By: im-fedos First Son 3 posts

PlayStation Store Sounds Are Annoying

7 replies 449 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Since the new update to the PlayStation Store there's an annoying sound whenever I select a menu option. This sound is very similar to Windows's "critical alert" sound, so you can imagine how painful it is for my to navigate the Store.

Has anyone found a way to change or diable this sound, or am I going to have to mute the TV when browsing the Store?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (449 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Re: PlayStation Store Sounds Are Annoying

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

im-fedos wrote:

Since the new update to the PlayStation Store there's an annoying sound whenever I select a menu option. This sound is very similar to Windows's "critical alert" sound, so you can imagine how painful it is for my to navigate the Store.

Has anyone found a way to change or diable this sound, or am I going to have to mute the TV when browsing the Store?

Thanks!

Out of all the complaints so far, this has to be the most petty of them all.  Yes, just mute the TV if you do not like the sound.

I mean really, I understand the navigation confusion, the confusion due to retooling the PLUS section, and even gripes about the similarity to Window 8 (yes, I know, some people think it looks nothing like Windows 8, so fine, it looks similar to the XBox Live menu, or something like that.  I have seen comparisons here).

The sound the menu makes?  Hit Mute, yes, that will do it just fine.

Better yet, crank it up till it makes your ears bleed, then you won't here it anymore. :smileywink:

Moble

Message 2 of 8 (443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I'm fine with the look and navigation. Complaining about those seems petty to me. The old response time was awful, but that's been fixed.

But it makes no sense to expect your customers to have to mute their televisions before opening the store.

Message 3 of 8 (438 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I believe everyone here is entitled to their opinions.  I may be brash sometimes, (it is just how I am), but I most often make my comments with jest, and no mal intent.

This being said, it just seems funny to complain about a menu noise.  Is it that you like to use the system at a high volume, and at that volume it is an excruciating noise?  I honestly did not even notice the noise.  I will have to go back on when I get a chance and see (or hear, to be correct) exactly what you may mean.

You just caught me off guard, when in the midst of a barrage of threads complaining about this or that in the new Store, a noise was the most disagreeable thing to you.  

There are a ton of threads out here now, complaining about the new Store.  I am sorry if you are bearing the brunt of my frustration, but I don't see the validity in 90% of the complaints, and this one just bumped that to 91%.

Just my opinion, of course :smileywink:

No hard feelings?

Moble

Message 4 of 8 (433 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Message 5 of 8 (429 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

LMFAO :smileylol:

Moble

Message 6 of 8 (424 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

No hard feelings.

It's just that to me this is the only thing that's a problem. And it's not that the sound is too loud: it's the tone/pitch of the sound. As I said, it's vey close to the default cirtical alert sound on Windows, which experience shows hurts my ears at any volume level except "off". So I really have to mute the television and not just lower the volume.

People complaining that "it looks too much like XBox" are just people who don't like change, when Sony changes the look again in 20 months they'll be complaining that they want it back to how it looks now.

Message 7 of 8 (422 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Nov 15, 2012

im-fedos wrote:

No hard feelings.

It's just that to me this is the only thing that's a problem. And it's not that the sound is too loud: it's the tone/pitch of the sound. As I said, it's vey close to the default cirtical alert sound on Windows, which experience shows hurts my ears at any volume level except "off". So I really have to mute the television and not just lower the volume.

People complaining that "it looks too much like XBox" are just people who don't like change, when Sony changes the look again in 20 months they'll be complaining that they want it back to how it looks now.

All valid, and all true.  I think though, you will have a hard time finding anyone that has the same issue with the sound as you.  I don't think the Store has a settings menu that would deal with the sound though.  Sorry, I could not help you more.

Turning off the volume seems to be your only option.  I could be wrong.  Good luck though.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum.  I do hope you stay, and participate.  It actually is fun and informative here, at times.  As far as the jabs and jests, it is most always in  good fun.  It is good to see you understand that.  Enjoy.

Moble

Message 8 of 8 (418 Views)
0 Likes