Jan 17 2013
By: mochuuu PlayStation Community Manager 1463 posts

PlayStation YouTube App - Improvements Coming

[ Edited ]
5 replies 772 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Hi everyone, 

The YouTube team reached out to the Community Management team here at PlayStation to relay a message to anyone who felt that the YouTube peformance on the PS3 app could be better. Here's the message from YouTube's David Dengler who supports their communications to their audience within the YouTube forums. 

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on the YouTube app for PS3. We're in the process of working on a fix to address the video quality issues. This should improve your YouTube viewing experience on your PS3! If you have any other issues or feature requests, please feel free to post at the YouTube Mobile and Devices forum located here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/youtube/mobile-and-devices. 

Thanks to David for passing along this message to the PlayStation community. As he mentioned, the best place to leave feedback about the YouTube app on PS3 is the link above.  But you're welcome to chat about the app here as well. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (772 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Re: PlayStation YouTube App - Improvements Coming

Jan 18, 2013

¤ Thanks for passing the message along :smileyhappy:

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (661 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 18, 2013
will not be using the youtube app. i thought it was useless and slow.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 18, 2013

BDG420 wrote:
will not be using the youtube app. i thought it was useless and slow.

The youtube app stinks because of the limited results, and videos not pre-loading enough ahead of time even if you pause the video. Just download all of the data please....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Thank you! Hopefully we'll be able to see a true HD picture now, instead of 240p xD

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (256 Views)
Sackboy
556 posts

Jan 26, 2013

id take any video quality over freezing my ps3 or app.

IM not sure what they need to reach out about..The app has never worked properly try fixing that first.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (234 Views)
0 Likes