Mar 21 2012
By: ModSquade Monster Hunter 35 posts

Playstation Network still "Under Maintenance"

58 replies 28972 views Edited Mar 21, 2012

Hey fellow PS'ers.

For the last two weeks straight, every single day I try to access the PSN store, either on my Vita or on the PS3, I always get a message saying that PSN is still undergoing maintence.

Now I just got off the phone half an hour ago with a Sony representative about a different matter regarding the Vita and the "An error has occurred", however I'm not here to talk about that. The representative told me that the maintenance was completed already and should be working 100%. (Basically told me in a political way to bug off, everythings fine)

Is anyone else having this problem? I can't get on the PSN store long enough to download Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and it's getting to be very annoying.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I'm Canadian. Since Playstation.ca doesn't have a forum of it's own, we're limited to the US forums or nothing.

Get your Portable ID!

"Chance favours the prepared mind!"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 59 (28,972 Views)
VP of Gaming
25947 posts

Re: Playstation Network still "Under Maintenance"

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

There is currently no SEN (PSN) maintenance, the system is running fine.

I can only assume that the "issue" is a more localized one.

What happens when you perform an internet connection test, what results do you get?

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 22, 2012

Here's what happens.

I connect to the PSN (SEN) store on my PS3 to take a look at the PSP games to get onto my Vita.

I get a message saying that the servers are under maintence, so I'm still in the store but nothing loads. Shortly after I get a message saying "Lost Connection with the Server" and get the boot.

This has been happening since the maintence two weeks ago. And ever since then, my PSP Vita's NEAR application hasn't worked at all, even with a factory reset and all that. The girl who took my call at Sony even hadn't the slightest idea why NEAR wouldnt work.

Thanks and sorry for the long reply.

Get your Portable ID!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 22, 2012

what happens if you try to connect to psn at a friends house? perhaps it's an internet issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 22, 2012

I've tried connecting to the internet using the Vita at my College wifi. Before when I started using my Vita, it worked flawlessly. Now it just gives the same error.

Im hoping the next firmware update addresses this. I like having a system that works 100%

Get your Portable ID!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 22, 2012

I'm sorry to double post, but I had to comment on the current situation.

The PSN store seems to be clearing up, today I could finally get on the store to download the MGS Digital Graphic Novel and a load of other PSP games to load onto my Vita. Awesome!

However, the Vita problem with the NEAR application is still persisting. I've been googling this problem and other people have had it, but I'm not sure how they fixed it for themselves, a soft format was recommended but didn't do squat.

I've uploaded some pictures to IMGUR and I'll post them here if it would help any.

http://i.imgur.com/WgLls.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ssbvq.jpg

Get your Portable ID!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 25, 2012

I cannot add funds to my wallet, been trying several different times this weekend, all I get is that the system is under maintenance.

It always seems to be something with the PSN Store....guess I'll spend my future money with Xbox Live.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 59 (28,972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Yes I'm having that same problem at here or is on3/18 at midnight ..it's aggravating... I'm playingDeadSpace3 and it won't let me add funds or anything ..
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 59 (23,643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2013

It 3-16-13 And i am having the same thing.Talked to a psn person online and on the phone and they said things were fine they are not still having trouble they told be like you said nicely to buzz of.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 59 (23,573 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Same problem here when I'm using my Vita.   

I can join multiplayer games just fine, but when I try to use the Playstation Store, I keep getting the "Under Maintenence" msg.

I live in Maine, and my Internet Connection has no problems.

Kalas5525

http://raptr.com/Kalas5525/about
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 59 (23,477 Views)
0 Likes