Highlighted
Nov 08 2012
By: LordMercanto First Son 1 posts

Playstation Store Freezing

14 replies 8012 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Ever since the new playstation store update I've been having issues. After I downloaded it, the store would freeze whenever I loaded it. I was able to quit back to the XMB using the PS button, but I wasn't able to navigate the menus, select anything, et cetera. After about two days the issue seemed to clear up and I could access it normally. I tried loading up the store today and now its happening again. I'm not having issues with any other wireless device, and I am able to access Home, play online, message, chat and everything else norma.lly. This only started happening after the update. I treid restoring my file system and that didn't work.

I'm picking up the special edition of CoD on tuesday and I'm worried I won't be able to use the DLC codes because I won't be able too access the store. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Is the problem on my end or is Sony still having some issues with the new update? Are there any suggestions for what I can do to make sure I get to use my download codes on Tuesday (and prefferably be able to access Playstation Store again)?

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Message 1 of 15 (8,012 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Re: Playstation Store Freezing

Nov 9, 2012

Have you tried deleting and redownloading it?

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 2 of 15 (7,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Same problem here i did tried deleted and re-install again even tried to re update firmware isnt still won't work  at all for psn stuck on first page does anyone can help or explain what should i do that really annoyed and bored 

Message 3 of 15 (7,978 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I'm having the same issue I can't do anything an I have codes an a PSN card I want to use on my ps3, I hope someone can answer this...
Message 4 of 15 (7,800 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Having a similar issue, except whenever I idle for a minute the entire store just freezes. Can't move to another section, can't input any info, just locks up. Just happened right now as I was updating my payment info...these freezes are really ridiculous and I don't ever recall this happening on the old version of the store. Smiley Sad

Tried deleting and reinstalling. It's not my internet connection. It has to be something with this new windows 8 ripoff interface because I never experienced these random freezes with the old version of the store. 

Message 5 of 15 (7,760 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I am having the exact same issue as above, whenever I idle, the store locks up. I had no issues with the store before the update, so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. Has anyone had any luck getting a comment from Sony or Support?

Message 6 of 15 (7,753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I'm having this exact issue right now...
And when it's NOT freezing up, it's sluggish and slow...
I hate to sound like a broken record, but GOD, I really hate the new store...I'm okay with the look of it, but it sucks to navigate and there's no clear direction with it; trying to find anything specific is a chore, even disregarding the sluggishness...

Message 7 of 15 (7,357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Hi guys,

Did you find a solution to this? 

I found on another fourm that if you hold the down key of the D pad down as the store is loading. 

Thanks,

Ben

Message 8 of 15 (6,955 Views)
Sackboy
514 posts

Feb 10, 2013

i'm having the same problem. This has NEVER happened to me until a week ago. The PS3 DOES NOT freeze, just the Store, because i'm able to quit pressing the PS3 button

Message 9 of 15 (6,890 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Yup....I was having the exact same problem.....but holding the down button on D pad worked for me as well! So happy! Thanks mate...you're a legend!

Keiron/ Serkanthus

Message 10 of 15 (6,490 Views)