Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 21 2012
By: PatjuhR First Son 2 posts

Playstation Store download

3 replies 185 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

Hi guys,

I just bought Hitman Absolution for PS3 on the PS Store. When I tried to download it said: No space. When I checked it turned out that I indeed had to less space. I decided to do a full formatting on my PS3 as it was to full and I didn't really care for the data what was located on my PS3. When I was done I still had the error "No space". I believe that is kinda weird, because I now got 31GB!! free space for a game the size of 17GB.

Why won't it download?

Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Re: Playstation Store download

Dec 21, 2012

Moved from Forum Info & Help. :robotwink:

space_cape!!

Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

Hi PatjuhR,

You need at least double the size of the game download available on your hard drive to download and install the game.  So, you would need 34 GB of free space in order to download and install a 17GB game.  Then after installing, you'll have 17GB free.

space_cape!!

Message 3 of 4 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Thanks for your reply.

But now I would have another problem. I erased all the data from my PS3 and I still got only 31GB space. Meaning I would never be able to download the game I payed for. Just because I got a 40GB system.

I solved this myself by buying a new and bigger HDD, but I think this shouldn't be needed, because nobody told me that I needed double the ammount of GB. If I would know that before i would never buy a 17GB game.
Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)
0 Likes