Nov 05 2013
By: Neji1809 First Son 29 posts

Playstation Store keeps randomly closing.

7 replies 1916 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

When I am on the Playstation Store just browsing it will randomly just go black and then return me to the XMB menu. It does this a lot. I just want to know if this is a common problem or something is wrong with my console. Please someone let me know. It is really starting to worry me.

Message 1 of 8 (1,916 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39473 posts

Re: Playstation Store keeps randomly closing.

Nov 5, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Try deleting the PS Store application & then re-download & re-install it to see if it helps.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 8 (1,914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2015
I've deleted and reinstall the store and I still get kicked while browsing as well, today I had to load it up 3 times within 15mins.
Message 3 of 8 (1,386 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Feb 19, 2015

I've been having problems with the store for about a month. Yesterday it froze my system while I was in it and i had to reset. Today it closed on me. Im tired of deleting and reinstalling it dosen't work long term. I've hated the PS store ever since they revamped it a few years back. Theres so much fluff to it and it is not user friendly. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,380 Views)
Wastelander
675 posts

May 1, 2015

I'm going to go ahead and add my name to this list. 

I thought it was due to an old PS3 of mine having an extremely full 1TB internal drive (corrupted system file, perhaps), but I just tried it on a brand new, out-of-the-box PS3. It was literally the first thing I did after setting it up for the first time (it asks you to log-in with your PSN name, and then gives you a prompt to go straight to the store), and it still crashed and kicked me to the XMB within 2 minutes.

What an absolute nightmare. Any solutions for this?

Message 5 of 8 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 1, 2015

Same issue here intermitently. I can go long stretches and be ok or I can be constantly booted in the same night. I've already tried the delete/reinstall option and cleared anything I could find related to the store elsewhere on the system (if there was anything).

Message 6 of 8 (989 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 2, 2015

That happens a lot to me too, ever since they changed entire look of the store.

Now lately its been worse. It perfectly fine on the ps4. But on the ps3 and sometimes on my tablet its a horrible experience. I can be purchasing an item, scrolling the menu's or just clicking on something and it crashes.

It's such a pain in the @$$.

Message 7 of 8 (953 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2015

I too am having this issue.

In 20 minutes my store has closed down without any error message 3 times. No issues on my PS4.

Message 8 of 8 (769 Views)
0 Likes