Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2012
By: CRASH-OVRIDE First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Preordering a game on PSN question

8 replies 649 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

I was wondering if anyone can help, that has pre-ordered a game on the PSN in the past. I just found out MoH:WF is available for preorder and download day 1, but does PSN allow you to download it a day or two early and have the game locked until midnight of release day? Just like they do on Origin.

Because I can see download times at midnight of release day, going bonkers and really negating the whole reason to buy a digital copy in the first place.  I am guessing it will be a 10-12 GB DL and could just pick it up at a local store at midnight anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (649 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28488 posts

Re: Preordering a game on PSN question

Sep 26, 2012

CRASH-OVRIDE wrote:

I was wondering if anyone can help, that has pre-ordered a game on the PSN in the past. I just found out MoH:WF is available for preorder and download day 1, but does PSN allow you to download it a day or two early and have the game locked until midnight of release day? Just like they do on Origin.

Because I can see download times at midnight of release day, going bonkers and really negating the whole reason to buy a digital copy in the first place.  I am guessing it will be a 10-12 GB DL and could just pick it up at a local store at midnight anyway.

I'm pretty sure the release is midnight, not before.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (638 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
243 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Some of the games will be a midnight release (we don't have the confirmed list yet, so I can't share it), but there's no way to "pre-load" games at this time like you're talking about. We've seen that feedback a lot though, so it's definitely something we're considering for the future!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (630 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for the answer, and I'm glad to hear you guys are keeping it in mind for future titles. Because I would definitely purchase digitally over going to a midnight release for a game. In fact it could be a great response to those who think digital versions should cost less than physical copies of the same title.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (615 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Sony SUCKS!!!! I used to be a die hard Playstation Fan, I have stood by them since the beginning but they just keep screwing you over.  With the bick hacking scare they went down, and yes they offered free credit services (which was only to help keep the risk of lawsuit down) but they never were communicative with their customers.  They don't tell us whats going on and its a sheer mystery when things will be back online.  Now they offer DAY1 Digital Preorders but not only do they not have the downloads available beforehand and have them locked until midnight of release day, they don't even have them available at midnight for download.  I know people have been getting off work so they can play their game and Sony doesn't even have it available on time.  By the time it is available for download it won't be finished downloading till the next day.  No my download speeds aren't slow infact when i picked up 15GB infamous 2 it only took 3 hours.  On top of the fact that they don't release on time.  I called up customer service to get a heads up on when the download would be unlocked and available and the rep honestly told me to keep checking every couple of hours because PSN keeps updating and she had no definitive time on the availability of the download.  It was like she was telling me that not only did i preorder the game expecting to hit download at midnight, pass out be ready to play when i woke up,  but got stuck staying up all night googling to try and find the answer, checking for downloadability every half hour all night. . . but she wants me to waste my whole day checking.  **bleep**!!!! Sony BLOWS!!!! they have no respect or consideration for us SUCKERS that have stood by them and supported them.  I'm going to design my own game system since the ones available now are all terrible. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (516 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 30, 2012

I am NEVER using day 1 pre-orders. 228pm  local time and i still cannot download Need for Speed. I'll buy it at retail from now on....or USED just so sony gets no money for it, What a bloody Joke...day 1 my **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (500 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ok my pre order was sapose to download at midnight i pre order last of us and its not downloading on my syestem what do i do i dont want to lose 60 dollors ughhhh 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jun 14, 2013

same here ! i pre ordered the last of us and it still hasnt let me know if i should go download it or just have to wait... its after midnight here all it did was give me a theme

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 14, 2013

once again F***CKed over by the wretched PSN! Ive waited for this game to be out for 2 frickin years .....**bleep** was I thinking I should have just bought a hard copy. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (355 Views)
0 Likes