Feb 01 2013
By: SiDE_KiCK_0317 First Son 1 posts

Probation message

11 replies 1574 views Edited Feb 1, 2013
My game keeps telling me that I have earned probation for not completing a game but my game has frozen the last 6 games!!! **bleep**!!! It gives me a 5 min probation then when I try I go into a game after that time limit, it gives me another 5 min time limit and freezes up!!
Message 1 of 12 (1,574 Views)
Shinra Executive
33308 posts

Re: Probation message

Feb 1, 2013

SiDE_KiCK_0317 wrote:
My game keeps telling me that I have earned probation for not completing a game but my game has frozen the last 6 games!!! **bleep**!!! It gives me a 5 min probation then when I try I go into a game after that time limit, it gives me another 5 min time limit and freezes up!!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Probation?

What game are you referring to, you haven't said, it might help!?

Message 2 of 12 (1,566 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I received the probation warning yesterday due to connectivity issues, AND after the most recent COD BO 2 update.

When I logged on tonight, it first made me go through 5 minutes of probation; I played a game halfway through, got kicked out, another 5 minutes of probation (which I completed), then an additional 5 minutes of probation.

I don't know what to do.
Message 3 of 12 (1,559 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I also got the probation message.  I am not very happy, infact I am very upset and angry about the situation.  I keep trying to join matches of friends and it tries and is unable to join.  The first warning I got was after i tried joining a friends game and it gave an error message, then a probation warning.  Now I have to wait 5 minutes, for what?  I know, for playstations ridiculous setup.   I am very upset and steaming right now.  I am almost thinking of taking the black ops 2 game and smashing it in half.  What system has the right to do that micromanaging?  What rules are going to be engaged next?  Why is there even such a restriction as probation.  This black ops 2 doesn't even have the best graphics.  The best 1st person shooter game is modern warfare 2, and i may be playing that game again soon.  What is playstations punishment when their playstation network go down leaving users unable to play?  Should we give them 5 minutes probation?

Message 4 of 12 (1,406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 25, 2013

The probation is being imposed by the Activision servers, not the PS network.

Message 5 of 12 (1,402 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 29, 2013

This is completely ridiculous! I've have backed out of games when people are clearly using cheats, racial slurs, and profanity. Yes I know I can turn off the inviduals but it doesnt address the amount of cheating. So I get put on probation for backing out a couple of games with good reason. No sweat SONY! I can buy a f-ing XBOX.  You've lost me as a customer!!!!! I will never buy another Sony product again. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Sounds like you guys are using cheats or jailbroken consoles to me.

If you are I don't feel for you at all.

Did you copy your game to the hard drive?

Message 7 of 12 (1,218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12705 posts

Apr 29, 2013

wilsderek wrote:

This is completely ridiculous! I've have backed out of games when people are clearly using cheats, racial slurs, and profanity. Yes I know I can turn off the inviduals but it doesnt address the amount of cheating. So I get put on probation for backing out a couple of games with good reason. No sweat SONY! I can buy a f-ing XBOX.  You've lost me as a customer!!!!! I will never buy another Sony product again. 

Even though the Probation thing is also on Xbox?

And that cheaters are more prevalent on Xbox?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 12 (1,215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Probation In The Instance That You Got It Is Because You "froze " but not because you "froze" once but 10 time in a 1 day.
Go Here:http://forums.activision.com/index.jspa
Message 9 of 12 (1,208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17865 posts

Apr 30, 2013

its my understanding that they have this in the game to stop people from "dashborading" to make their stats appear higher than they should be.

Message 10 of 12 (1,199 Views)
0 Likes