Feb 26 2013
By: zepified First Son 26 posts

Problem/issues redeeming $20 PSN gift

2 replies 116 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

Here's the deal... I frequent various gaming websites daily to see what's going on in the gaming world.  Recently I've read about many people receiving messages containing a free $10, 15, or 20 code for being a "good" PSN member for a certain period of time and or for spending a lot of money over the years.

So as soon as I heard about (read in various press releases) this happening to quite a few people, I quickly booted up my PS3 to see if I had any new messages.  Sure enough I had a new message from PS saying that I had a free $20 to redeem.  The only problem was that it had expired back on Dec 9th!!!!  Like I said, I frequent a lot of gaming sites daily and I never heard about ANY such news about PS giving away PSN $ back during the end of last year... at least not like how it's being reported about this time.  In other words, if I had known I would have checked... that is if I was actually physically able to.

When I say "physically able to" I'm talking about the condition I was in during the last 3-4 months of last year.  You see I have horrid back/spinal issues and on or around Thanxgiving I was having various procedures done on my back to allieviate my daily chronic pain.  During that period, I was bed ridden either in the hospital or in my bed at home with my parents taking care of me.

Since I couldn't play any videogames during that period, due to all the meds, I lent my brother my PS3 so it could at least get some use.  He never wouldl have known to check my PS messages because he's never used the PSN store.

With all of that said, and to make a long story short, given LITERALLY the thousands of dollars I've put into the PSN alone over the years for my PSP/PS3/PSVita (not counting retail games), I don't think it's too much to ask if someone over at Sony could aid in letting me redeem the free, but now expired, $20 I received in my message???  After all, you guys gave me the 20 bux.... it's just that I haven't technically spent it yet so it's not as if I'm asking for an additional $20.

I really hope that someone can help me out with this issue.  I've had nothing but pure fun playing all of the great PSN games over the years... and I will continue to do so in the future due to the fact that so many great games I want are coming out within the rest of this year.  I just bought Urban Trials for my Vita and I have to say that it might be my favorite PSN game in a year!!  I would love to be able to buy the PS3 version too because of how different some of tracks are.

Anyways, thank you for your time and I hope to speak to someone soon.

Have a great rest of the day,

Ricky 

Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Re: Problem/issues redeeming $20 PSN gift

Feb 26, 2013

You know these are just user forums right? You need to call Customer Service. 1-800-345-7669

Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5382 posts

Re: Problem/issues redeeming $20 PSN gift

Feb 28, 2013

I haven't heard of Sony just giving away money until recently either.  My guess is that was from this promotion:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/01/big-savings-buy-100-on-psn-in-october-get-20-psn-credit/

Like ne1 said, you'll have to contact customer service to see if they can help you.

Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes