Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: MfJayBabeh First Son 1 posts

Problems Obtaining IP Address

2 replies 126 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Having trouble obtaining a IP address,I haven't been able to connect to the internet in about a week, the connection with my internet is fine. Just wont let me connect the ps3 again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48434 posts

Re: Problems Obtaining IP Address

Jan 15, 2013

MfJayBabeh wrote:

Having trouble obtaining a IP address,I haven't been able to connect to the internet in about a week, the connection with my internet is fine. Just wont let me connect the ps3 again. 

Is it your PS3 having trouble or are you having trouble connecting with your computer and other online devices too?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Problems Obtaining IP Address

Mar 3, 2013

i was able to connect to my wifi after a long time of trying. by doing everything you would normaly when you set up a wifi connection. but i needed to find my security key so this is what i did. i used my laptop i clicked on the internet conections in the lower right hand side of the screen, right clicked on my connection then clicked on properties then a file should open up on security, and then look at the network security key below that there is a box that says show characters. click it, then enter your security key into your playstation, make sure that you type it exactly as you see it dashes and all. and it should work. i do have windows 7 so it might not be the same for other software. i dont know im not an I T guy. i hope this will help you guys. please share this so that you can help others on the sepperate forums. i hope this works for you too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)
0 Likes