Do you mean 
May 08 2013
By: Vini_SD First Son 4 posts

Problems with PSN

[ Edited ]
10 replies 330 views Edited May 8, 2013

I have received this email:

Sony Entertainment Network Sign-In ID Change Notification

This e-mail confirms that the Sign-In ID (E-mail Address) for your Sony Entertainment Network account has been changed.

If you did not intend to change your Sign-In ID, please contact Customer Service using the link provided below.

Thank you,
 The Sony Entertainment Network Team

But I haven't changed anything.

Why this happened? And there's a way to recover my account? 

Message 1 of 11 (330 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

Re: Problems with PSN

May 8, 2013

Vini_SD wrote:

I have received this email:

Sony Entertainment Network Sign-In ID Change Notification

This e-mail confirms that the Sign-In ID (E-mail Address) for your Sony Entertainment Network account has been changed.

If you did not intend to change your Sign-In ID, please contact Customer Service using the link provided below.

Thank you,
 The Sony Entertainment Network Team

But I haven't changed anything.

Why this happened? And there's a way to recover my account? 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Have you tried to go in & reset the password for your account?

If you have & you cannot, does anyone else have access to your account, another family member perhaps or someone else in your home, did you give your password to a friend, to ANYONE?

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 11 (288 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Someone got my password and changed my email account and now I can no longer recover the password. The email from my account now is - and I never see this email in my life.
No, I never gave my password to anyone.

Message 3 of 11 (286 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Vini_SD wrote:

Someone got my password and changed my email account and now I can no longer recover the password. The email from my account now is - and I never see this email in my life.
No, I never gave my password to anyone.

I don't mean to sound rude but someone can't just 'get your password', it just doesn't happen that way!

In any event your only option is to contact Sony customer service & explain the situation to them, if you can prove ownership of the account to them by amswering some questions then you should get your account back.

Good luck!

Here's the contact number, if you would prefer to use the Live Chat feature pleae click the link in my signature.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 9, 2013

Thank you for your help. But the problem is that I can't access the chat because I moved of country and I no longer live in USA, but this is an old account and it has many games that I bought and I wouldn't want to lose them.

Message 5 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

May 9, 2013

Vini_SD wrote:

Thank you for your help. But the problem is that I can't access the chat because I moved of country and I no longer live in USA, but this is an old account and it has many games that I bought and I wouldn't want to lose them.

Unfortunately Sony doesn't have email support any more, & if chat isn't an option for you because you're now outside the US then calling them may be your only choice, something you should be able to do from wherever you are.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 11 (273 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 9, 2013

Do you think I can solve this with the Sony in my country? Or do I have to talk to Sony's U.S. because my account is american?

Message 7 of 11 (265 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30304 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Vini_SD wrote:

Do you think I can solve this with the Sony in my country? Or do I have to talk to Sony's U.S. because my account is american?

Because of what's happened I'm going to guess the US, I know it's sometimes difficult calling the US from another country but it should still be possible.

Which country are you in, can I ask?

You really should be dealing with this as soon as you can, the longer you leave it the harder it may be to get your account back.

Were there funds on the account, a credit card or anything like that, any funds already in the wallet will be lost anyway but if you had a credit card registered with your account you should cancel that jsut to be safe.

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 11 (223 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

May 11, 2013
Don't provide your email here.
Message 9 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts