Mar 11 2013
By: Jayhawk-1498 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Question about a banned account

5 replies 190 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

If I have a banned user name (the console is not banned, I have another user with access to the PSN on the console, confirmed with Sony), and that user name has a game with season pass content on it, is the other user name that is not banned able to access and download new content from that season pass.

See, I got banned because I was hacked, my bank was able to retrieve the stolen funds and Sony claims that they shouldn't have and that I owe them about $600.  I pretty much told them to shove it because I wasn't going to give Sony money that was stolen from me.  The person told me they understood and that my console wasn't banned, just the user name until the money is paid back.  

I don't care about starting over for anything.  So be it for that.  What I am concerned about is the game or two I spent $30-$40 on season passes for and losing them because Sony is insane.

Is there any way to access those season passes and DLC that I paid for?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (190 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Re: Question about a banned account

Mar 11, 2013

Unfortunately for you, it is a "catch all".

Despite not caring about the funds you recuperated, anything associated to that PSN ID will remain unattainable.  Just the nature of things.

As you have noticed, arguing it out with Sony will not get you far.  From their standpoint, they may see it as a total infraction of the User Agreement.

It is unfortunate, but it is the case.  I may be wrong on this, so hold out for more insight here.

At least you got your stolen money back.  Some are not as lucky.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (188 Views)
VP of Gaming
28048 posts

Mar 11, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Unfortunately for you, it is a "catch all".

Despite not caring about the funds you recuperated, anything associated to that PSN ID will remain unattainable.  Just the nature of things.

As you have noticed, arguing it out with Sony will not get you far.  From their standpoint, they may see it as a total infraction of the User Agreement.

It is unfortunate, but it is the case.  I may be wrong on this, so hold out for more insight here.

At least you got your stolen money back.  Some are not as lucky.

Moble

Nope, you're not wrong, I concur with my friend above, you're just going to have to suck it up, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (184 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Thanks, I thought as much. The good thing is it was my bank that went ahead and handled the recuperating of the money, which is good because if it were just me, they wouldn't have given me the money back. I lost over $1000 from various sites over it, I guess losing my Borderlands 2 season pass is a small price to pay... At least I was smart enough to buy Assassin's Creed 3 for XBox, lol.

I appreciate the help guys. Sad to know I get screwed out of that money. They really need to start associating codes with consoles and not usernames/gamertags. It would alleviate these issues.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (169 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7457 posts

Mar 11, 2013

For giggles I will 3rd my fellow committee members and add someting...

Welcome to the forum! 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (165 Views)
PlayStation MVP
17751 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

I had this exact same problem a while ago. My account was hacked and some money was stolen from my credit card. It was only $25.00, but I was still banned for it, even though I had no part in the transaction.

Only way I got the account back was by paying the $25.00 back to Sony. Unfortunately, $600 is a really steep price for an account back. Don't know what to say about it.

However, I learned 1 thing from my experience; if you ever have PSN money issues (hacking, funds that shouldn't be there, etc.) you take it up with SONY, NOT your bank. Talking to the bank is a surefire way to get banned because Sony believes that you're stealing money from them.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (112 Views)
0 Likes