Fender Bender
3231 posts

Re: Reasons Why a Home PlayStation Network account can be banned?

Aug 15, 2011

Good post Joanna, though i try not to report anyone unless needed i do let the the User know what they are doing is a Bannable(if thats a word) offense and see how they respond to it. If they continue i recomend reporting but like most Users on Home some report for weak reasons.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 20 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34126 posts

Aug 15, 2011

arent those rules just general rules for PSN bans?

i mean, its rather hard to "team kill" in PlayStation Home.

Message 21 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Aug 15, 2011

the_original_se wrote:

arent those rules just general rules for PSN bans?

i mean, its rather hard to "team kill" in PlayStation Home.

Last 6 purchased games

But yea those are most likely just general PSN rules, not Home specific. You could probably find a list of Home offenses in the TOS or EULA somewhere

@Jim777PS
Message 22 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54523 posts

Re: Reasons Why a PlayStation Network account can be banned?

Aug 17, 2011

i read them again, its always good to brush up on the TOS...sometimes we allow ourselves to get into bad habits

Message 24 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Nov 27, 2011

Only this part of my comment is to ApriL83 :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay...*giggle*...I have to admit that Lucky made me laugh out loud! Lucky is cuter than cute! Thanks so much for sharing this picture with us! *smile* It's a welcome break from the seriusness of this topic..."

The rest of my post is directed at no one in particular...it's just my point of view on the matter of whether to report abusers or not...

...Because, I am beyond frustrated by all of the perverts lurking around HOME this weekend. This is the reason I am visiting this forum. I know there are many PSN members who think that it's something to ignore and move on from...BUT...If HOME were a real life place, i wonder would these folks, usually represented by male avatars, walk up to me and say the things they are saying to me on HOME? I am a real person...with a real brain...and with real emotions...who enjoys video gaming...and I do NOT appreciate being treated this way!!! I should not have to use a male avatar to keep the unrestrained perverts from approaching me with lewd suggestions and sexual proposals...I want to keep my female avi, because I am female...Why does that mean I should have to be approached over and over again by every slug that escaped the sewers? Why do I have to quit being offended...? While they are allowed to be increasingly offensive...?

It is taking the fun out of HOME for me...because, I get approached over and over again in this manner. I actually quit a game last night to help a person who pmed me with a message that said, "Can I ask u sum questions?" I left my game to answer this person's questions, because I thought he might be a newbie needing help with the game or with HOME...and the way I was thanked for that was for this dude to hit me with a barrage of sexually harrassing questions and comments. I quit my game for that? I really want it to stop...!

...and I am worried that this is happening to children, as well...because the folks who have approached me have no idea how old I am...and I also suspect that some of the offenders are children behaving badly...I don't think this is something that should be ignored...

Thank you, Joanna_Dark_, for reposting this information! I found it very helpful!!!

Happy day, ya'all!

--Valzee

PSN ID: valzgr8

"How do we know that zombies are not happy being who they are?"

Just so you know...
Bullies do NOT get to tell the bullied to shut their Playstations off! Sony says so!

Photobucket

Message 25 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Thank you for saying what every single female on playstation home is thinking!!!!  I am so fed up with people acting like perverts when you know for a fact that they would never try that in real life.  I also hate how sometimes they will not say anything to you but kneel in front of you like an idiot, and when you move or ask them to please leave you alone they follow you!! 

I always report when someone is talking or acting sexual to me or starts following me when I clearly move to get away from them.  I just find it ironic that you and others can report them like mad but it seems like they get off with nothing, while your friends who are trying to help and protect you get bans!  The moderators need to step up and get on home more often to deal with all the people who act liks pervs.  I also say if the perverts get more then one ban, ban their systems for good so that they cannot harrass people again!

LOL sorry for my little rant people, first time posting on here and getting tired of perverts and noobs getting little punishment while the people who protects others get banned.  Have fun and game safely!!  =D

Message 26 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3231 posts

Apr 14, 2012

I think this list should be posted in all HIGH traffic spaces on Home as most pertain to it. though i am a tad confused on the Glitching one...does glitching on Home count as the same thing? It is a game, though it isn't doing harm to other users like in a multi-player game.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 27 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 30, 2012

how can we talk to people on are psn account on the computer? nSmiley Happy

Message 28 of 39 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 1, 2012

Well that would suck **bleep** xD just saying id probably flip 

Message 29 of 39 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Account Scamming
Offender tried to persuade another user to share account information, including but not limited to logins, passwords, bank accounts, credit card information, etc. by any means possible.

Share/Hijack Account
Sharing personal PSN account information in order to obtain access to another persons PSN account. Changing another persons email address, and/or password without their permission in order to gain and control access to an account. Offender attempted to use or take content they did not pay for.

I have someone who I found while playing online that messaged me saying asking me if I wanted to some free stuff on the psn store all I need to do is give him my email and password. So is there in some way that this person could get banned in some way? This kind of behavior on the Playstation network community gets me really, irritated, in a different word.

Message 30 of 39 (329 Views)
0 Likes