Jun 13 2013
By: crazymom1973 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Refund please

6 replies 316 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

hello my child had just bought a game with out me know and  dont want to have that game right now can you please give me a refund? 

the game it GTA IV 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (316 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5120 posts

Re: Refund please

Jun 13, 2013

This is a community of playstation users just like you.  We can't issue you a refund, only SONY can.

That being said, generally SONY considers all sales final, no refunds.  You can try to plead your case with them, and will have to contact customer service to do so.

Click on "Contacting Support" in the lower left of any forum page.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (311 Views)
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Jun 13, 2013

i doubt you will get a refund. I read the terms b4 buying and it says on there, NO REFUND once you confirm your purchase. You can also go to the bank and have them refund it, but that might get your account ban or something. Just be happy you have a new game to play now :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

crazymom1973 wrote:

hello my child had just bought a game with out me know and  dont want to have that game right now can you please give me a refund? 

the game it GTA IV 

Did he open it? If not just take it back to the store with the receipt or if you lost it, take it to walmart and they'll give you a gift card.

If he opened it though, things get a little tougher. You might as well sell it on Ebay. Gamestop gives you next to nothing on used games.

Edit: also, is this a retail or a downloadable game? If it's downloadable, you might have to just cut your losses and password protect the account. That's why I don't like buying downloadable games.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Did you have "ask for password" checked?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 13, 2013

my chid bought it on playstaion store 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (265 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16258 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

crazymom1973 wrote:

my chid bought it on playstaion store 

And you were given the answer. Nobody here can give you a refund. You'll have to contact Customer Service at 1-800-345-7669 or using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to request a refund. It's unlikely you'll get one though. you may want to take the Crow's suggestion and make your password required at checkout so your child can't make any more purchases without your approval.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes