Oct 07 2013
By: Justintheviking First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Refunds?

6 replies 349 views Edited Oct 7, 2013

I downloaded the digital version of FF:ARR; only to find that for some odd reason whenever I try downloading the game client, my internet connection cuts out and it doesn't allow me to play it. I've been searching for answers all day and I just can't do it anymore. I would like to know if there is anyway to get a refund for this game because now I am out 40$ and I am extremely frustrated as it was money that could have been spent elsewhere. I can't even contact Square Enix about the issue because their support forums require me to have an in-game character, which I cannot make because I cannot play the game.

I am outraged, needless to say.

Message 1 of 7 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Re: Refunds?

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

sounds more like an issue with your ISP. You should talk to them first, see if they can figure out why the drop is happening. Not absolutely positive how refunds work on digital purchases, but I'm pretty sure ASAF.

Message 2 of 7 (342 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11259 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Unfortunately as far as I know there is no way to obtain a refund for digital purchases. 

Message 3 of 7 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Oct 7, 2013

you can try contacting sony support, they might refund it, the've done it for people in the past but they do have a no refund policy on digital goods, so they dont have to.  Just depends on the person you get, but I agree with the first responce, check with your internet service provider first to see why the drop is happening, obviously if it were an issue on sony side it would be happening to a lot more people, so it has to be an issue with either the router or the ISP (usually).

Message 4 of 7 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2013

I think if there is a chance of getting this taken care of, it would be in "Support." So, I'm going to report this thread and maybe a Mod can put this thread where you'll get the most help.

You also might try the official forums to see if anyone else has had this issue and see if they found a fix that could help you.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Message 5 of 7 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
905 posts

Oct 7, 2013

Justintheviking wrote:

I downloaded the digital version of FF:ARR; only to find that for some odd reason whenever I try downloading the game client, my internet connection cuts out and it doesn't allow me to play it. I've been searching for answers all day and I just can't do it anymore. I would like to know if there is anyway to get a refund for this game because now I am out 40$ and I am extremely frustrated as it was money that could have been spent elsewhere. I can't even contact Square Enix about the issue because their support forums require me to have an in-game character, which I cannot make because I cannot play the game.

I am outraged, needless to say.

^This

Call your Internet Provider to find out why it cuts out when you load the Game Client. I would assume there is some sort of block on the type of data. Are you at College and using their internet?

Digital Sales are normaly final, however I've know some people to get refunds from time to time. My brother got a refund on the Walking Dead. If you called into Sony and was very polite and got a Customer Service rep in a good mood you might be able to get a refund. Just don't call them thinking that you will.

Message 6 of 7 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10704 posts

Oct 7, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Unfortunately as far as I know there is no way to obtain a refund for digital purchases. 

Except to call Sony and complain.

I hear all the time from posters that sales are final and you cant do this or that, it aint true despite what is stated in TOS.

I personally have recieved refunds from Sony for a few things, not the least of which is the Playstation Plus auto-renewal policy.

As customers we deserve that which we pay for, and for that something to be as free from defects as any other version on any form of media costing the same amount, value per dollar doesnt change because something is downloadable.

If the OP bought a prodcut and In his opinion is faulty he is entitled to a refund or another form of resolution which must be acceptable to him.

When you call, act like you know and do not accept no for an answer.  If that person is useless tell them to get their supervisor or someone who knows how to treat a customer.

Cheers.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 7 of 7 (318 Views)