Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Solution found for DNS error (Roadrunner customers)!!!

May 10, 2009

Just wanted to add you can also go to http://www.opendns.com/ to get info on how exactly to add Open DNS to your entire network instead of just the PS3. It's basically the same thing as with the PS3, just adding it to your router DNS servers instead, then you can leave the PS3 set to auto.

Thanks amstel78!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 546 (7,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

May 10, 2009
I'm a roadrunner costumer and I fixed this problem the other day.  It isn't just us Roadrunner customers, it's a lot of other people too.  You can fix any DNS problem by this.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 546 (7,145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 10, 2009

Krzr93 wrote:
I'm a roadrunner costumer and I fixed this problem the other day.  It isn't just us Roadrunner customers, it's a lot of other people too.  You can fix any DNS problem by this.

Well, if this solution works for others with different ISP's, then good.  I'm a RR customer, and I know that this is a RR related issue.  Simply replacing the DNS addresses should correct the error.  I did think it was odd that I'd get a DNS error but yet be able to use the PS3 browser.  After some thought, I figured I'd try replacing the DNS addresses on the PS3 and voila!  Good to go.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 546 (7,145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 10, 2009

I'm a roadrunner customer as well, but my question is that using this open DNS will my connection be slower at all?  Is this a DNS code you're going to be using permanently?

I don't have problems on my xbox360 nor with my pc's using the automatic dns settings provided by my router.I

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 546 (7,145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 10, 2009

ChineseRamen wrote:

I'm a roadrunner customer as well, but my question is that using this open DNS will my connection be slower at all?  Is this a DNS code you're going to be using permanently?

I don't have problems on my xbox360 nor with my pc's using the automatic dns settings provided by my router.I

I haven't noticed any sort of network performance decrease on the PS3 when using the Open DNS addresses I provided.  I have not changed anything on my router, so I can't tell you any more than that.  It's up to you though whether or not to completely replace RR's DNS servers with Open DNS.  If you don't have any problems with any other network devices (like me), then just change the DNS values in the PS3 and leave everything else as-is.

73 de James K3JPS

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 546 (7,145 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 10, 2009
Well, I was able to log on today but.... if it freezes im try your solution... thank any how....
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 546 (7,144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

May 10, 2009
thank you this works atleast for now yesterday i updated my wrt54g router and i got on psn no problems thought that was  my issue and it was resolved today i couldnt log in again so your solution got me online again hope it works out in the long run.. thanks again..
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 546 (7,144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2009

thank you. was wondering if this was a problem with my stuff or the internet provider.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 546 (7,144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

May 11, 2009
yea it s on so far, i will post again if it disconnects like it has this whole weekend... but it is working as of now..
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 546 (7,144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2009
Worked for me! Thank you very much.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 546 (7,144 Views)
0 Likes