I Only Post Everything
1289 posts

Re: Solution found for DNS error (Roadrunner customers)!!!

May 20, 2009
this only worked for awhile. now it stoped.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1149 posts

May 22, 2009
you sir are a genius i had tried anothers person suggestions and had no luck i did yours and had success on the first try
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

May 22, 2009

Yes it worked.

When I get arrested, I'll name you as one of the guilty parties during the heist.  That's it, I don't want to hear any 'if,' 'ands,' 'buts,' about it.  Thanks again.    ... that's the cops at your door.... RUN!

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

May 22, 2009
omg thanks, theres like 5 thread  and it looks like the DNS problem was permanent as of a few hours ago. hopefully it will fix everyone's connection now
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 22, 2009
Your awesome! Thanks alot kind human. Did I say your awesome already?
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 22, 2009
MODERATORS PLEASE STICKY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally someone has figured out that dam dns error message. iv had several phone calls to sony and to roadrunner about solving this problem and they could never do it. CONGRADULATIONS BRO!!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 22, 2009

XxSwornEnemyxX wrote:
MODERATORS PLEASE STICKY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally someone has figured out that dam dns error message. iv had several phone calls to sony and to roadrunner about solving this problem and they could never do it. CONGRADULATIONS BRO!!

Thank you, thank you.  Personally, I like the name of James if it's a boy, or Ella if it's a girl.  I also accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1416 posts

Re: Definitive solution for your DNS error problems!!!!! (Works for all ISP's)

May 22, 2009
TWRR subscriber, fixed and fixed!  Kudos.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
409 posts

May 22, 2009

this IS really crazy. i've just noticed since last thursday's update. wonder if it's the PSN network admin's fault? this is crazy never had a problem till these last 2-4 weeks. it's really actin up. sometime i can get on, others i have to reset the router. seems to work after that but barely but more often than NOT. so. **bleep** are they doing to the network? i hope they're upgrading it. i realize it's thursday and there's an update for the store, but it shouldn't have THAT much of an impact on me logging in just like before, it never has.

something's fishy man. i was good about a month or so ago. i fixed my moms' PC connection (upstairs for lack of range of connectivity) but other than that, the networks' been acting up on me. it's like my internet port for the PS3 has been getting faulty. I can still log on most of the time but it goes out in odd hours of the day. i'm not running a static ip and my PC is running PERFECT everytime my PS3 has an error.

i'm at a loss for words here. it used to run perfectly.

"ARE" they upgrading thier network or what? hit me up...

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 22, 2009

JaydaFoooah wrote:

this IS really crazy. i've just noticed since last thursday's update. wonder if it's the PSN network admin's fault? this is crazy never had a problem till these last 2-4 weeks. it's really actin up. sometime i can get on, others i have to reset the router. seems to work after that but barely but more often than NOT. so. **bleep** are they doing to the network? i hope they're upgrading it. i realize it's thursday and there's an update for the store, but it shouldn't have THAT much of an impact on me logging in just like before, it never has.

something's fishy man. i was good about a month or so ago. i fixed my moms' PC connection (upstairs for lack of range of connectivity) but other than that, the networks' been acting up on me. it's like my internet port for the PS3 has been getting faulty. I can still log on most of the time but it goes out in odd hours of the day. i'm not running a static ip and my PC is running PERFECT everytime my PS3 has an error.

i'm at a loss for words here. it used to run perfectly.

"ARE" they upgrading thier network or what? hit me up...

I thought it was the PS3 or Sony's network as well; that was before I actually spent the time testing things out.  Come to find out, it was the ISP.  Not Sony.  Sure, I'd love to blame Sony.  Who doesn't?  But in this case, it wasn't their firmware that fracked things up.  Chances are, it's an issue with your ISP's DNS server.  Try the OpenDNS addresses as I suggested.  If they work, good for you.  If not, at least you tried and it might be something else.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 525 (854 Views)
0 Likes