First Son
6 posts

Re: Definitive solution for your DNS error problems!!!!! (Works for all ISP's)

May 23, 2009

amstel78 wrote:
OpenDNS is a free-to-use DNS server.  There are many others out there like it, but OpenDNS has a good reputation for security and reliability.  You could also use DNS servers from other ISP's if you care to do so; you'll just have to find those addresses yourself.

Dammit! It didn't work for mine! 

Seem like it's working for everyeone.

These are the steps I took:

Network Settings:

1. Select a setting method: Custom

2. Select a connection method: Wired Connection

3. Select the operation mode for the Network Device: Manual

4. Speed and duplex: There's several options but I select 'Auto-detect'

5. IP Address setting: Manual

6. * This is the step where I might be missing something. Please help me right here.

- IP Address - 00.000.00.00

- Sub-net Mask - 255.255.255 (default to PS3) **However, the sub-net mask from my router is 255.255.252** does it matter which I use? I tried both and both times the connection test failed.

- Default Router - 00.000.00.00

- Primary DNS - 208.67.222.222

- Secondary DNS - 208.67.220.220

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Where there is a 0, I entered my router's IP and Default Router info.

7. MTU: Automatic

8. Proxy Server: Do Not Use

9. UPnP: Enable

10. Test connection; and fails the internet connection and says it's a DNS error.

So any assistance?

I tried it a few times and keep getting the same message. Thanks for the help.

Message Edited by LCDR_ROY_BOEHM on 05-22-2009 09:34 PM
Message Edited by LCDR_ROY_BOEHM on 05-22-2009 09:36 PM
Message 80 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

May 23, 2009

Leave your ip address on auto

set your dns to manual and change it there

Message 81 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4747 posts

May 23, 2009

Even though this works. I still feel it's a PSN/Sony issue. The reason I say this is because my computer connects to the Internet, My wife's laptop connects to the Internet, Xbox 360 Connects to the Internet, but my PS3 doesn't? I think it's an error on Sony's side that is conflicting with our ISP DNS servers. If it was our ISP, none of our other toys would be connecting.

If everything else is connecting in your house except your PS3, how is that our ISP? I think it's pretty shady that Sony hasn't stepped up to the plate and addressed this yet. Common sense should tell you with so many people on this forum complaining about the same thing, all with different ISPs, and everything else connects to the Internet except the PS3... It has to be on Sony's end.

Granted this is a fix, but why the hell should we have to surf around for a fix... Sony should be the one doing the "fixing" IMO. I understand some of you are just content with playing, but this needs to be addressed by the powers that be. It's only going to get worse.

Message Edited by PAs_MAKO-30 on 05-23-2009 01:10 AM
Photobucket
Message 82 of 602 (283 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 23, 2009

Bumping thread in case other people still experience DNS issues.

Message 83 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 23, 2009

PAs_MAKO-30 wrote:

Even though this works. I still feel it's a PSN/Sony issue. The reason I say this is because my computer connects to the Internet, My wife's laptop connects to the Internet, Xbox 360 Connects to the Internet, but my PS3 doesn't? I think it's an error on Sony's side that is conflicting with our ISP DNS servers. If it was our ISP, none of our other toys would be connecting.

If everything else is connecting in your house except your PS3, how is that our ISP? I think it's pretty shady that Sony hasn't stepped up to the plate and addressed this yet. Common sense should tell you with so many people on this forum complaining about the same thing, all with different ISPs, and everything else connects to the Internet except the PS3... It has to be on Sony's end.

Granted this is a fix, but why the hell should we have to surf around for a fix... Sony should be the one doing the "fixing" IMO. I understand some of you are just content with playing, but this needs to be addressed by the powers that be. It's only going to get worse.

Message Edited by PAs_MAKO-30 on 05-23-2009 01:10 AM

You may very well be right and this issue could be the result of poor netcode in Sony's latest firmware.  However, I still believe that it's a routing table issue with people's DNS providers.  Who knows; perhaps many ISPs share the same DNS provider, hence the reason for multiple failures across the ISP range.

I still suggest that people try this solution instead of wasting time trying to talk to their ISP tech support.  If this works for you for now, then you can get back to gaming instead of trouble-shooting.

Message 84 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

May 23, 2009
if i type 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 into my routers settings my internet on my computer gets disabled and it still doesnt work on my ps3
Message 85 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

May 23, 2009

I have roadrunner and i had the same issue like everyone else. So i decided to go to my girlfriends house(internet connection: AT&T DSL) and use her ps3 to see if there was really some issue with time warner cable.  LOL!!! same freaking error.  So i decided to try the numbers given here and i have logged on twice already and no problems as for now.  LAter on i will go to GF house and do the same to her ps3 and see if it works there.

1st post - 08-15-2007 09:44 PM // 100th post - 11-21-2007 03:47 PM

RCA 42" // Sony HT-SS2000 5.1 Home Theater System //PS4// Sony PS3 250 GB (upgraded to 1 TB) // Xbox one // Xbox 360 (60 gb) // Wii // PSP //
Message 86 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
174 posts

May 24, 2009

AuTiSmTeAcHeR wrote:

I have roadrunner and i had the same issue like everyone else. So i decided to go to my girlfriends house(internet connection: AT&T DSL) and use her ps3 to see if there was really some issue with time warner cable.  LOL!!! same freaking error.  So i decided to try the numbers given here and i have logged on twice already and no problems as for now.  LAter on i will go to GF house and do the same to her ps3 and see if it works there.

How has it worked for your GF's PS3 so far?  Has the solution solved her issues as well?

Message 87 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 24, 2009

I changed my DNS entries to the Open DNS ip's, but now it's taking forever to log into PSN. Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 88 of 602 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Solution for your DNS error (80710102) problems! (Works for all ISP's)

May 24, 2009
woot worked Kudoes!, the one person who actually deserves them on this forum
Message 89 of 602 (283 Views)