Dec 12 2012
By: slapshotwrist First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Someone created PSN account using my email address HELP!

4 replies 6250 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

Hello. someone registered PSN account using my email address, i would like you to ban that account. They just added money in their psn wallet, i will talk to the bank to see if they have my cc number too as account registered on psn is same i use for paypal. I will give you any proof you need but i don't want to write here in public. I would really like someone from support to help me with this. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (6,250 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: Someone created PSN account using my email address HELP!

Dec 12, 2012

You need to contact Sony directly. There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page or call 1-800-345-7669.

BTW how did they get your e-mail account info? Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 5 (6,238 Views)
MVP Support
28740 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Setting the e-mail address of a PSN account, or creating a new one, requires that you confirm the new address by clicking a link in a confirmation e-mail message.  No one can create a PSN account using your e-mail address unless they have access to your e-mail account. They would not be able to sign in. Customer support will probably be interested in how someone was able to get around that problem.  Did you confirm the creation of the account, and if so, why did you do that if it wasn't created by you?

GKP
Message 3 of 5 (6,226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 13, 2012
I didn't confirm anything on my email and it has not been accessed from any other location but mine as gmail shows, anyway i sorted everything out with support. They banned the account. You can close this topic.
Message 4 of 5 (6,216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2014
Yea
Message 5 of 5 (4,601 Views)
0 Likes