Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 22 2013
By: Wakeme111 First Son 18 posts

Sony I am Disappointed

31 replies 458 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

So I got a new 3D tv and have bought some 3D games for it. I decided to download some games off PSN. I really enjoyed Super Star Dust and Motorstorm 3D. So using the filter to show games that work in 3D I downloaded StarDrone.

The game DOES NOT support 3D. I have sprent hundreds and hundreds on PSN. I feel misled, and I have asked for my 3.99 back in good faith. I have emailed the game company to confirm there is no 3D and they have said that the game does not support 3D.

I've had friends who buy next to nothing on PSN get free movie vouchers or $10 credit for nothing, while I never have and have not complained. It is the principle of the matter. Not refunding me $3.99 will end up costing much more in lost sales from myself, but that doesn't seem important to you as you've denied my request for a refund

Thank you for nothing

Message 1 of 32 (458 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30449 posts

Re: Sony I am Disappointed

Mar 22, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I just searched for the same game myself (not using the 3D filter) & it says it supports 3D & you need 3D glasses, this according to you is plainly not true, if that is the case, & i don't know the game at all, then I think you shoud be entitled to a refund.

Did they say why your request for a refund was denied?

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 32 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

SONY doesn't read the forum personally LOL all sells are final there are no refunds, not sure why you feel misled did the description of the game said it worked with 3D TV's ?

Message 3 of 32 (441 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30449 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DesolatiionAngel wrote:

SONY doesn't read the forum personally LOL all sells are final there are no refunds, not sure why you feel misled did the description of the game said it worked with 3D TV's ?

Yes it does, hence my response above.

Normally I would 100% agree with you about all sales being final etc but not on this occasion.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 32 (434 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Exactly. It says it is 3D. I downloaded the demo and the options have a section for 3D, but it is greyed out. Not unlike other demos where the full version has 3D but the demo doesn't. The full version game doesn't show 3D option at all. I emailed the company who made the game: 

Hi Pat
Havn't moved forward with that unfortunately =(
We have more games instead in development

--
Alexey M
Beatshapers

On 20 Mar 2013, at 23:21, Pat  wrote:

> Hey how's it going? I'm just wondering how to turn on the 3D mode for StarDrone. I don't see an option.

>  Thank you.

------------

I understand now all sales are final, as per the message in my denial. However it was falsely advertised as 3D and that was the reason why I wanted it, and explained so to sony. It is only $3.99. It's not that I need the money, however as a customer who has spent hundreds on PSN alone, not to mention disc games I would think they should act in good faith and reimburse me, and also remove it from their 3D section. 

Message 5 of 32 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

maybe the way it does 3D its different than the one that TV uses or something? seems odd that it says it is 3D if it isnt

Message 6 of 32 (420 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I have other 3D games that work fine. I get the impression it was planned to be in 3D, but they never went through with it, as per the email I posted. Sony rep I originally talked to said their info was in 3D but they would put the request through for me.   I will be calling customer support tomorrow about this. 

Message 7 of 32 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

sounds like a game that got rushed into the store, i agree its their mistake and it should be removed from the 3D section then

are refunds possible? i dont remember reading about anyone succesfully getting a refund

Message 8 of 32 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2013

My original thought was "Oh well, I guess I am out $4" However I don't feel that is right. I know the only reason I got the game was because I was led to believe it was in 3D based on it being listed as such on PSN.  

Message 9 of 32 (400 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30449 posts

Mar 22, 2013

In your original post you said you had been denied a refund, I asked you about it above but you never responded, my view is that you should get a refund, who denied it?

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 32 (388 Views)
0 Likes