First Son
18 posts

Re: Sony I am Disappointed

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

To the poster above...

Right away I went onto Sony's live chat support. I explained my situation. The customer service rep stated that their info said it was 3D. I told them it definitely was not. He told me he would have to call me to put the request for refund through. So he did and I gave my name, user ID etc. He said I would get an email letting me know if it was approved.  After I had emailed the game comapny and subsequently got the above response stating they decided not to go forward with 3D in the game.   I got this response earlier today:

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services.

We are unable to process your request for a refund on the PlayStation® Network.

According to our Terms of Service, all sales are final.

For more information please check the Terms of Service and User Agreement.

----------------

And then they sent a message asking me to do a customer service survey LOL get bent.

So I am going to call tomorrow and inform them about the email and how they have it falsely labelled as being in 3D and I bought it because I was under the impression it was 3D because they said it was. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (374 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27912 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Wakeme111 wrote:

To the poster above...

Right away I went onto Sony's live chat support. I explained my situation. The customer service rep stated that their info said it was 3D. I told them it definitely was not. He told me he would have to call me to put the request for refund through. So he did and I gave my name, user ID etc. He said I would get an email letting me know if it was approved.  After I had emailed the game comapny and subsequently got the above response stating they decided not to go forward with 3D in the game.   I got this response earlier today:

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services.

We are unable to process your request for a refund on the PlayStation® Network.

According to our Terms of Service, all sales are final.

For more information please check the Terms of Service and User Agreement.

----------------

And then they sent a message asking me to do a customer service survey LOL get bent.

So I am going to call tomorrow and inform them about the email and how they have it falsely labelled as being in 3D and I bought it because I was under the impression it was 3D because they said it was. 

Generally all sales from the PlayStation Store are indeed final, but in this case I disagree, I would call them tomorrow & 'calmly' & clearly explain the situation to them, there's no need to point out past purchases & money spent etc, they don't care about that, just stick with the issue at hand & be calm, friendly & courteous about it.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (357 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Yeah for sure, I don't plan to be a **bleep** about it. I know that won't help my cause. I believe I have a valid point and I am being sincere when I say my purchase was soley based on the thought that it was in 3D and looked like it would be good in 3D. It should not be listed under 3D and they should remove it from there. Like I said, they have told me it is their understanding that it is 3D. I have an email from the creators stating otherwise. It is not as if I am asking for $60 or something, just the $3.99, that I believe should be reimbursed in the name of doing good business, IMO. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (354 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Mar 22, 2013

You should definitely follow through and call them.  There should be a number in the email they sent you, in case you hadn't noticed.  This will put you through to a person (make sure you have the reference number handy) who will hopefully be more understanding.  I am pretty optimistic that you will get it after calling; I had a similar problem once, was denied the refund, but when I called they agreed that I should have received it.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Yep, there was a number and a reference number. Thanks. I hope it works out too. I understand companies have policies. However, I do know the rules can be broken for reasonable exceptions.  The promise of 3D was the major condition of my purchase, and it was non-existant. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (336 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10810 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I'm genuinely curious as to how Sony handles refunds. I know that the customer service reps take down your info and pass it along, then what? For instance, once upon a time Borderlands disappeared from my download list. I emailed, got a refund.

On the other hand, I also once rented a movie that turned out to absolutely NOT be what the store description. I emailed, the robot denied me. I called, gave a detailed description, had it passed along, got denied. Huh?
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Good luck with your call then hopefully you will get it

I am still curious about how refunds work though, how would they deactivate the game or remove the license from the PS3 ?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (158 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Was there a patch for the game that downloaded after you installed it? Also, if the company decided not to go along with the 3D, they could've still posted it to Sony with their original design which would result with Sony putting up the information that they got. If that information is wrong it's not really on Sony. It's on the developer.

If there was a patch that downloaded for the game, it could have disabled the 3D features for several reasons such as: frame drops due to the double rendering, instability, video memory bottlenecking, game crashes, system hangs, etc. All of these factors and literally millions of others could be the reason why the developer decided to remove the 3D support.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1733 posts

Mar 22, 2013

My Guess is that the Game is probably 3-D Capable, in the Coding at least, but as far as in Game, it probably not... 

It was Probably left out of the Game due to an Experation Date on Making it, or something... 

& they just never Updated it... 

You were probably Denied the Refund, because you only bought it for the 3-D Feature... 

They felt that was a Stupid Excuse, & Denied you a Refund... 

Again, i'm just guessing... Not saying that your wrong... 

As you have said before, it was indeed there, just Greyed out... 

You never know at one point in time it could have had a Patch for 3-D, & was just removed after time had Passed... 

I have a Marvel Game where you can still get Compatibility for Extra Characters, but yet as far as the actual Characters goes, you can no longer get them, ~_~ 

Both my RE 5: Gold Edition & Heavy Rain Games were Patched after Release with a Free 3-D Add-On, which later came with Games Of The Year Copies... 

It's possible this was also done for your Game... No? 

Do you know anyone who originally got it closer to Launch Date & had confirmed it was not 3-D? Ever thought of that?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (130 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46830 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Wakeme111 wrote:

So I got a new 3D tv and have bought some 3D games for it. I decided to download some games off PSN. I really enjoyed Super Star Dust and Motorstorm 3D. So using the filter to show games that work in 3D I downloaded StarDrone.

The game DOES NOT support 3D. I have sprent hundreds and hundreds on PSN. I feel misled, and I have asked for my 3.99 back in good faith. I have emailed the game company to confirm there is no 3D and they have said that the game does not support 3D.

I've had friends who buy next to nothing on PSN get free movie vouchers or $10 credit for nothing, while I never have and have not complained. It is the principle of the matter. Not refunding me $3.99 will end up costing much more in lost sales from myself, but that doesn't seem important to you as you've denied my request for a refund

Thank you for nothing

In this instance I believe sony would give you the rare refund from a PSStore purchase.  I'm not certain but from the circumstances it seems they would have to.   Try support and explain that you bought a game because they said it was a 3D game but in reality, even according to the developer, it is not.

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (126 Views)
0 Likes