Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: Sony I am Disappointed

Mar 22, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

In this instance I believe sony would give you the rare refund from a PSStore purchase.  I'm not certain but from the circumstances it seems they would have to.   Try support and explain that you bought a game because they said it was a 3D game but in reality, even according to the developer, it is not.

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Yeah, if they don't credit your card, I'd think they would at least credit you PS account for the amount. I've found large businesses are usually more then willing to take care of you if you have a legitimate claim. Good luck.

Message 21 of 34 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

Mar 22, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

In this instance I believe sony would give you the rare refund from a PSStore purchase.  I'm not certain but from the circumstances it seems they would have to.   Try support and explain that you bought a game because they said it was a 3D game but in reality, even according to the developer, it is not.

http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Yeah, if they don't credit your card, I'd think they would at least credit you PS account for the amount. I've found large businesses are usually more then willing to take care of you if you have a legitimate claim. Good luck.

I'm pretty sure they always credit any refunds to the wallet not to the credit or debit card used.

BRIT-KO

Message 22 of 34 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

*******************UPDATE******************************

So I had put off calling Sony for  few days, when I checked my email today to see this:

My name is Lena. I have reviewed your previous e-mails, and I will be helping with your request for a refund. I apologize for the frustration you have experienced with StarDrone being in the 3D section of the store. 

I have submitted your request for a refund to our network team. You will be notified by email in 5-7 business days once a decision has been reached. If your refund request is granted, all funds will be returned to your PSN wallet within 3-5 business days of email notification. Our Sony Entertainment Network team will reply to your Sign in ID (email address) with their decision regarding your request. 

Please keep in mind that as per our user agreement we don't generally offer refunds. However, our network team will review your situation and make a decision accordingly. 

If you have any further questions or concerns or to check the status of this request, please refer to the following reference number: 1-489??????

Patrick, thank you very much for your patience as your request is reviewed and thank you for the opportunity to help today.

Thank you for contacting PlayStation®Support today. You may receive a brief email survey. Please feel free to answer some questions regarding your email experience with us today.

Sincerely,

Lena A. 

---------------------------

The original message I got last week was just a bland generic denial message. I didn't understand why I got another more detailed personalized message, having done nothing in the interim. I called Sony and got it taken care of. The guy said he'd put the refund right through. I explained the 2 seperate emails and he said he figured they got wind somehow through "perhaps a survey" and decided to push it back through.

So I am thinking maybe they do read these forums because I didn't do any surveys. 

Message 23 of 34 (189 Views)
Last Guardian
10717 posts

Mar 26, 2013

DesolatiionAngel wrote:

SONY doesn't read the forum personally LOL all sells are final there are no refunds, not sure why you feel misled did the description of the game said it worked with 3D TV's ?

You are wrong.

I myself have recieved refunds from Sony based on purchases I made in the PSn store.

If the game says it is 3d, and you bought it, and its not 3d you deserve your money back plain and simple.

Call back and act like you know, tell them you want a supervisor and its not your fault they mislabelled something.

I believe false advertising is actionable, and it is in their best interest to correct the misleading label and refund your money pronto.

Dont ask, demand!  But remain civil.

Cheers.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 24 of 34 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Yeah the thread didn't stop after that post LOL

Message 25 of 34 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51456 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Wakeme111 wrote:

The original message I got last week was just a bland generic denial message. I didn't understand why I got another more detailed personalized message, having done nothing in the interim. I called Sony and got it taken care of. The guy said he'd put the refund right through. I explained the 2 seperate emails and he said he figured they got wind somehow through "perhaps a survey" and decided to push it back through.

So I am thinking maybe they do read these forums because I didn't do any surveys. 

There are definately sony employees reading these forums but they wont see every thread and post.

I may have sent a link to your thread, via PM, to one of those sony employees and they probably talked to whomever they have to talk to at Sony.  

Either way it is glad to see Sony make the right call, from the information I was given, on this one. 

Message 26 of 34 (166 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Sorry, I don't know how to quote messages yet. To the poster above who sent a PM, I sincerely appreciate it. Also, thanks to everyone who posted in here, and thank you to anyone from Sony who may be reading. I am glad this was handled in an understanding manner. 

Message 27 of 34 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Wakeme111 wrote:

Sorry, I don't know how to quote messages yet. To the poster above who sent a PM, I sincerely appreciate it. Also, thanks to everyone who posted in here, and thank you to anyone from Sony who may be reading. I am glad this was handled in an understanding manner. 

Looks like you may have your situation resolved soon, good call PP too.

To the OP, if you want to quote someone, hit the reply button like always, then before typing your message/response look at the top right of the text window that's open, in the middle of the words Macros & Spell check you'll see quote, hit that & the previous persons post or the one you're quoting will appear, then you can type your response underneath it like I am with yours here.

Glad you seem to be getting this sorted, I was always of the view that a refund was due in this case.

BRIT-KO

Message 28 of 34 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18803 posts

Mar 26, 2013

After reading the whole development of this thread; I just want to say that I'm proud of its participants. Wakeme111 deserves a refund and I hope the resolution is on his favor. Moreover, kudos to PLYMCO_PILGRIM for going the extra mile.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 29 of 34 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I have received the refunded amount to my PSN wallet. So even though it was against their policy, Sony made an exception due to understanding the circumstances. 

Message 30 of 34 (128 Views)
0 Likes