Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
6 posts

Re: Welcome Back Program problem

Nov 14, 2012

Ok, so Vigilad's solution from earlier in the thread appears to work.  Instead of accessing your games through the store (either via the game page or your download list), go to your download list through the XMB (Playstation Network -> Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List).  The copy available there appears to be valid.  I was able to download and install Super Stardust HD that way.  Infamous is currently downloading, and the trial icon isn't on the bubble, so it's promising that it will work.

Message 11 of 18 (3,294 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Download finally finished.  My file is currently installing.  XMB method works!

Message 12 of 18 (3,274 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I will try the thru the XMB when I get home. But I have the same problem as of 12/19/12. All the Welcome Back Games won't install cause the PS3 thinks they are PSP games. I have Dead Nation, Infamous, Star Dust and some other that I don't remember right now, but yes all of those are Welcome Back Games and I'm experiencing the same problem with all of them.

Message 13 of 18 (2,532 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Downloading thru XMB works. Finally able to install the games. Thanks.

Message 14 of 18 (2,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Store error - Infamous install file thinks it's for PSP / Vita instead of PS3.

Dec 22, 2012
I'm downloading via XMB now. I called in and they said they don't have a solution for this yet. Maybe they need to check this post. It's not a complete fix, but if it works, it's a lot better than a "sorry but keep an eye on the forum".
Message 15 of 18 (2,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Store error - Infamous install file thinks it's for PSP / Vita instead of PS3.

Jan 6, 2013

yes, I'm experiencing the same problem as well

Message 16 of 18 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 15, 2013

As stated before the XMB path  Playstation Network>Account management >transaction management> Download List

option does work but what I am kindof curious about is why even though this works, has it become a requirement to begin with. THis is still happening after several months of it becoming a known issue and re-downloading from the store itself or even from the Download history from within the PS Store results in it showing up as a PSP/vita game. Even more rediculous is that you must completly re download the file via the xmb path and completly delete the one from the store as it is essentially junk data.

Message 17 of 18 (1,617 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2013
It doesn't show on my download list on my new ps3 because my first was stolen so only the downloads on my new ps3 is the list
Message 18 of 18 (311 Views)
0 Likes