Mar 08 2013
By: LilTycs First Son 5 posts

Sub-Account Information Transfer

3 replies 104 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

Recently I just got a new 250gb PS3 and I've already gotten my Master Account's information and game data put onto because of PS+, however whenever I try to get my brother's sub account onto the same system via a new User the system tells me that I have to make an entirely new ID for him and so he will lose all of his Trophies, Friends, etc. The both of us have PS+ and I already know that I can't transfer his saved data onto the new system unless I use a thumb drive, but is there any way to save his account completely instead of having him restart again?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28104 posts

Re: Sub-Account Information Transfer

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

Unfortunately sub-accounts cannot be made into master-accounts, also data cannot be transferred from one account to another, it sucks I know, sorry but his choices are carry on using the sub-account or make a new master-account & lose his trophies.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 8, 2013
The question isn't if I can make his account a Master, it's just if I can move his information onto the new PS3 as the same sub account while also saving things like his trophies or friend list
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28104 posts

Mar 9, 2013

LilTycs wrote:
The question isn't if I can make his account a Master, it's just if I can move his information onto the new PS3 as the same sub account while also saving things like his trophies or friend list

Yes you can, all you/he needs to do is add the same master-account & then his sub-account to the new PS3 then sign in, the trophies will all still be there as will his friends list.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (88 Views)
0 Likes