Dec 31 2013
By: ScubaDiver01 First Son 2 posts

Sub Account setup

3 replies 141 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

Hello, I am trying to set up a sub account for my son.  The account has been created but when I sign in as him I am told that more information is needed and that I will need to sign in with my master account.  When I sign in with my master account I am taken to a screen to  input the info.  However, all requested information is already there but when I try to confirm error code 8002314A is displayed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank-you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (141 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27966 posts

Re: Sub Account setup

Dec 31, 2012

ScubaDiver01 wrote:

Hello, I am trying to set up a sub account for my son.  The account has been created but when I sign in as him I am told that more information is needed and that I will need to sign in with my master account.  When I sign in with my master account I am taken to a screen to  input the info.  However, all requested information is already there but when I try to confirm error code 8002314A is displayed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank-you.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I this link takes to the UK/EU Forums but the question asked is the same, see if it helps you with your problem too.

Here's the link: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/8002314A-error-on-creating-a-PS...

Let me know if we can help you further.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 1, 2013

That WORKED!!  Thanks y'all!  The problem was that the security question had not been set.  I don't believe I was ever asked to set it however.  If I was then I completely missed it.  After signing in with the sub account login I saw on the bottom right the caution symbol and after editing the info for the account I can now sign in through the PS3.  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27966 posts

Jan 1, 2013

ScubaDiver01 wrote:

That WORKED!!  Thanks y'all!  The problem was that the security question had not been set.  I don't believe I was ever asked to set it however.  If I was then I completely missed it.  After signing in with the sub account login I saw on the bottom right the caution symbol and after editing the info for the account I can now sign in through the PS3.  Thanks again!

Glad I was able to help in some way.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)
0 Likes