Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 07 2013
By: AtompunkMinjo First Son 2 posts

Terraria - Are you serious?

3 replies 1048 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

This game doesn't work.
How? It freezes and glitches constantly. I have fallen through the floor all the way into the bottom of the world into nothingness many, many times now. Latency issues out the **bleep**. I have frozen so many times upon killing a boss in my friend's world. And he in mine.  I bought this for the MP The game sucks and is boring while in single player. MP isn't working.  And that's even if I can connect.  Mics don't even work half of the time.  So it requires either me or him depending on the host to restart the **bleep** game.

And now, You are telling me I can't get a refund for this garbage?  If this was Valve I'd already have my $15 BACK.

1.) You're telling me to buy PS+? I don't WANT PS+ Don't try to haggle me into buying your service to spend even more money.

2.) huhur Demos TERRARIA DIDN'T HAVE A DEMO.  Even then, I wouldn't be able to test the crappy MP.

3.) If this was the UK I'd be granted a refund because of their laws, But because I live in fattyburgerguido land, "MUH CAPTILISM" I can't get one without a fight.

I don't -want- this **bleep** game.

And before ANY of you toesuckers tell me to "Wait for a patch." No. No, I'm not. A game should work. I'm sick of this. First Skyrim now this. Just, No.
Sony, Issue me a refund.

Message 1 of 4 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16809 posts

Re: Terraria - Are you serious?

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

As you are such a big fan of laws, you should read the licenses that come with the software that you buy.  There is generally no warranty on computer software, and certainly not on computer games, in this country.  The game may not work perfectly when it is first released. Some games don't ever work perfectly.  That's life.  Caveat Emptor.  The first release of games seldom is bug-free these days.  Once developers got the ability to update games after release, they stopped doing exhaustive testing.  They let the pre-order customers do the final testing, and then fix anything serious after release; so you have to wait for a patch sometimes.  That's the way that it is.  Be thankful if you get a patch.  The publisher isn't legally obligated to provide one.

What you think that Steam would do in this situation is irrelevant.  Steam isn't available on the PS3.  The difference in policies is due to the fact that Steam requires an Internet connection to play its games, so it can take a game back, even after it is installed.  That is why it is easier to get a refund there.  The Playstation Store does not have the ability to do that.  Even if the game was removed from your downloads list, Sony has no way of removing or disabling copies that were already downloaded and installed.  That is one reason why there are no refunds for PSN content.  The other reason, is that there is no warranty on software. So you aren't entitled to a refund, or any other remedy, if the software does not work to your satisfaction.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (1,041 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

Jesus cry enough? Do your **bleep** research before getting games no one told you you HAD to get a game right as it came out. Yes there was a demo and yes your right no multiplayer  just the tutorial so you couldn't test the online out but do you honestly, I mean truthfully expect a game to not be buggy in some way or another at launch? I have had the game longer than you on PC and PS3 and haven't had nearly as many problems as you are having lock ups on the boss deaths if your a guests and the mic problem is usually solved if you have host cancel out then restart the world again worked every time for me. If you would have waited and checked online you would have found that there are a slew of bugs in both console version which is usually the case with these kind of PC ports. As for getting a refund, the only reason Steam does that is because it cares and basically relies on customer service to keep people happy kind of like Walmart. Pretty much no one does that especially with downloadable stuff, why not just give the game away for free since anyone could just say oh its buggy me no like. Take this as a lesson to do a tiny bit of research next time before spending your hard earned 15 bucks or maybe just take a break from it for a month or so and play one of the many other games Im sure you have and by then hopefully they will have put out a patch to fix all those problems for everyone that is having them and as for PS+, how are they haggling you and how would having it solve your problem with Terraria? It is actually a great service but Im sure you already know that.

Message 3 of 4 (895 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I recently bought this game as well because of the multiplayer but it does not work at all...Isn't that false advertising?

Message 4 of 4 (779 Views)
0 Likes