Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 14 2013
By: ksdixon First Son 5 posts

The Last Of Us preorder problems

2 replies 441 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

Preordered the 'sights and sounds' pack yesterday on the computer. Turned PS3 on and downloaded them from download list to the PS3. I also then installed the "bubbles" onto my PS3 properly. I thought everything was going well, considering that this is my first digital purchase on Sony's store. Got an email to say that ther were no funds in my PSN wallet, and they would try again to charge me before TLOU released. I went through the process of turning on the automatic funding (I was sure this was on previously, but I guess not), and also put £40 into the PSN wallet for good measure.

Got up today at 10:07am expecting to be able to download the game, as if it was released at midnight in US it would have been avalaible in UK around 7am, but I am getting error messages when trying to launch the game and the original soundtrack - 'The content is not avaliable before the start date. (8002951E)'

The SEN webstore says that I still have £40 in my PSN Wallett, and that I can cancel my pre-order.

Using the PS3 to go to PSStore and re-download the games from my PS Download list still presents the same error message after installing them; however TLOU's game page shows I've purchased the game for £39.99.

I need to know how to tell the system to use the funds in my wallett and let me play the game. I don't want my bank account charged for funds that have now been added to the wallet, and I don't really want to cancell my pre-order as I do want the theme and soundtrack in addition to the game.

Message 1 of 3 (441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: The Last Of Us preorder problems

Jun 14, 2013

I've been advised by fellow forum-goers on the internet who've also had problems that I should cancell the preorder on Sony's webstore, and then use PSStore on the PS3 to purchase TLOU, which should use the £40 in my PSN wallet. I guess I'm just hoping for the best in terms of still having access to the soundtrack/theme, or indeed not having PSN try to charge my bank account for the pre-order transaction instead of using the wallet funds that I'm about to use on the released game via the PS Store.

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: The Last Of Us preorder problems

Jun 14, 2013

Have done that now. Downloading the game via PS Store used the funds in my wallet, although I no longer have access to the pre-order stuff after cancelling my pre-order on the webstore, which was to be expected.

I suppose the confusion lay in Sony's 'insufficient funds' email. Instead of it saying there was "insufficient funds, go turn on automatic funding or add funds to your wallett, and repeat the process"; it instead said "we will try to charge you again, before the game is released". So I never cancelled the pre-order and re-preordered it yesterday, I just added the funds and expected it to sort itself out. Lesson learned for the future.

But really... there is some merit to when people say that MS's Xbox360 is easier to deal with because 'it just works'. I'm not stupid, but this process was needlessly complicated. I've had a credit card on my PSN account since before the wallet system was introduced, it should have been grandfathered-in and the pre-order should have been a smooth process instead of automatic funding being turned-off by default.

Message 3 of 3 (428 Views)
0 Likes