Mar 04 2013
By: VVave33 First Son 3 posts

Trading Code for Code?

4 replies 110 views Edited Mar 4, 2013

Hi im Wave and im having some problems with my online code.

The online code belongs to a game I recently bought, the game is UFC Undesputed 3, I found the precious online code in the game box, I tried to redeem the code but it said it was invalid or something so I started to research a little and found out that specific codes go with specific regions, I created a USA account to see if im right and I was, I could redeed the code, I also found out that USA region games have a small logo of a globe with a number "1" on it, and other games probably with different region has "2" with the globe logo, so I was thinking.. what if I trade my No.1 region code for a No.2 region code so I can access the online features in my own original account and not a "fake" USA account?

And ofcourse I expect to do this trade with PSN staff involved, I cannot trust anyone else, and obviously I did not redeem my USA region code yet.

I really hope that PS Support can help me with this, its really really important to me.

Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33081 posts

Re: Trading Code for Code?

Mar 4, 2013

VVave33 wrote:

Hi im Wave and im having some problems with my online code.

The online code belongs to a game I recently bought, the game is UFC Undesputed 3, I found the precious online code in the game box, I tried to redeem the code but it said it was invalid or something so I started to research a little and found out that specific codes go with specific regions, I created a USA account to see if im right and I was, I could redeed the code, I also found out that USA region games have a small logo of a globe with a number "1" on it, and other games probably with different region has "2" with the globe logo, so I was thinking.. what if I trade my No.1 region code for a No.2 region code so I can access the online features in my own original account and not a "fake" USA account?

And ofcourse I expect to do this trade with PSN staff involved, I cannot trust anyone else, and obviously I did not redeem my USA region code yet.

I really hope that PS Support can help me with this, its really really important to me.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Sorry but exchanges of codes is not something that can be done here through the Forums, the Moderation staff will not get involved in this either.

As you have found out DLC has to be from the same region as the original game, there's nothing you can do about that, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Seriously? I can't use europe region code on USA region game? that doesnt make sense, PS3 games are region free, codes are not.

Message 3 of 5 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33081 posts

Mar 5, 2013

VVave33 wrote:

Seriously? I can't use europe region code on USA region game? that doesnt make sense, PS3 games are region free, codes are not.

Seriously.

DLC is region-locked.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Alright bro thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes