Highlighted
Jan 29 2013
By: Heratiki First Son 12 posts

Unable to Purchase PS+ Games

5 replies 4199 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

When I attempt to "purchase" Foosball 2012 on the PS3 through the Playstation Store I am told - We're sorry, this product cannot be purchased at this time.  When I attempt to "purchase" the same game through the PSN Online Store (PC) I am told - You are not eligible to purchase or download this content.

I have been a Plus subscriber since the beginning.  It should be noted that my PS+ account has never lapsed.  On January 28th, 2013 my Plus account was renewed for another year (+3 months with current offer).  This was done automatically as a subscription based charge on my credit card. 

Could someone offer me assistance in obtaining this game?  I don't wish to hear whether anyone likes the game or not as it doesn't help my situation.  If it may help I "purchased" the PS Vita version of the game through Plus last Wednesday but haven't gotten around to doing the same on my PS3 until today.  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (4,199 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11518 posts

Re: Unable to Purchase PS+ Games

Jan 29, 2013

It sounds like maybe the reason you're not able to download the PlayStation 3 version is because you've already purchased the Vita version. Is Foosball 2012 a cross-buy game? If so, shouldn't there be access to both from your account?

Message 2 of 6 (4,196 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

The game is Cross-Play and Cross-Buy.  And both are offered through PS Plus for free as of last Tuesday.  I've included a screenshot of the Playstation Online Store error I receive.  If you read the thread regarding the Online Store you will see another user having the same issue.  But I am also not able to make the purchase on the PS3 store either.  Currently the way the that Cross-Buy PSN games work is that you have to still "purchase" the two version of the game for each device.

Link to image - http://imgur.com/vM13t9t

Message 3 of 6 (4,194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5489 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I noticed that your picture says "the demo is in your download list."  That is probably what confuses it.  Are you sure the purchase didn't go through already, putting the unlock file in your download list?

Message 4 of 6 (4,183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I did not purchase the demo funny enough.  That only shows on the PS Online store and not on the PS3 Store.  But even so if I were to have purchased the demo and then it came out free through PS+ is there no way to obtain the full version if it's confused by the Demo?

Message 5 of 6 (4,171 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20640 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

The full version is the demo, plus a small unlock file.  Both should be in your downloads list.  If you buy the PS3 version of a cross-buy game, the Vita version is added to your downloads list automatically.  Due to a defect in the Playstation Store app, games received free via cross-buy offers are not marked as purchased in the Playstation Store app, but the app knows that the game is in your downloads list, and it won't allow you to purchase the game again. If you purchase the Vita version of a cross-buy game first, and then purchase the PS3 version of the game, you will be charged for both (unless you are a Plus subscriber), and you will get an error message when the Playstation Store app tries to add the free Vita game to your downloads list again when you purchase the PS3 version.  That is a defect in the app, and you can ignore the error.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (4,165 Views)
0 Likes