May 07 2013
By: Dalamian1 First Son 3 posts

Undergoing maintenance

9 replies 850 views Edited May 7, 2013

So i've been trying to get into the playstation store for a few days now and I keep getting a message saying that the service is undergoing maintenance.  I can log in to my account just fine, however I can not get to the playstation store.  I can get into the netflix app just fine.  But whenever i go to open the playstation store it just says that this service is currently undergoing maintenance.  I've tried resetting modems and the system still get the same message

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (850 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Undergoing maintenance

May 7, 2013

Yup, me too! I posted yesterday because this has been happening to me too for three days! Nobody has replied yet and the chat is offline, despite it being Monday before 10:00 PM PST, which is suspicious.

It seemed logical at first, I mean of course there will be maintainance now and again but not for three days and it doesn't seem to be wide spread. I guess I'll have to try calling them.....sigh. I hate calling because they always have horrible connections and my house is a disaster of noise with all the kids in the house.

Sure would be nice if ANYONE paid attention to these forums....   :-/

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (846 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 7, 2013

Hmm lovely, I thought maybe it was because I hadn't turned on my PS3 in a while and then just started using it again, but I guess not

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (844 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 7, 2013

Nope, I use it all the time and usually login around the weekend to see if I want to download anything for PS+ or buy a game for the weekend. I just called and they said everything is fine, they aren't getting calls so it must be fine to which I told him I don't think it's widespread because none of my searching on the internet shows anything is wrong for most people. I let him know nobody has been paying attention on the forums as it doesn't appear anyone of an OFFICIAL capacity is reading or responding.

Unfortunately without having access to the console (My kids are using the Xbox) there's nothing he can do by phone. I'll have to check later this evening and update if I find anything out.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (842 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27647 posts

May 7, 2013

NINJATARD wrote:

Yup, me too! I posted yesterday because this has been happening to me too for three days! Nobody has replied yet and the chat is offline, despite it being Monday before 10:00 PM PST, which is suspicious.

It seemed logical at first, I mean of course there will be maintainance now and again but not for three days and it doesn't seem to be wide spread. I guess I'll have to try calling them.....sigh. I hate calling because they always have horrible connections and my house is a disaster of noise with all the kids in the house.

Sure would be nice if ANYONE paid attention to these forums....   :-/

Although there are Sony employees here the support from these Forums comes from other PlayStation users like myself, Sony employees do not as a rule respond directly to the vast majority of questions they are here to Moderate & run the community.

As for your problem, have you tried deleting the PS Store Application & re-installing it?

Also if you have media Server enabled, try disabling it in the XMB menu.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (840 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 7, 2013

I did all of that. My problem has been going on for 3 weeks now, and even though I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, reset my internet, etc. It still gives me the same message. I'm getting really fed up now.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (834 Views)
First Son
8 posts

May 8, 2013
Same here what the hell is going on here. I have not been able to access ps store since injustice came out why hasn't Sony responded to these problems a lot of people are havering same issues.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (638 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27647 posts

May 8, 2013

If none of my suggestions are working then I can only suggest contacting Sony customer support, sorry but I'm not sure what else to suggest right now.

Here's their phone number, live chat is also available, use the link in my signature if you want to take that route.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2013

I tried all that and when i called sony they pretty much told me that this should not be hapening and to **bleep** off in a political way. im really starting to get upset.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 14, 2013
I have been having the same issue if you have Hulu installed on your ps3 delete it and then re install it through "my channels" sign back into your Hulu account then quit out of it and then delete your playstation network and re install that and go into psn and it should work now.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (510 Views)
0 Likes