Highlighted
Mar 30 2013
By: DarkGhostPhoenix First Son 2 posts

Weeks since I've been able to sign in

2 replies 197 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

Okay, as the topic says, it's been weeks since I've been able to sign into PSN. For some reason, my PS3 just won't let me sign in anymore. I've tried everything I can, so now I must ask for help.

Here's the situation.

PS3 Slim

Netgear WGR614 v6 Router -- Starting to make a loud high-pitched noise. I suspect it is going out.

WPA-PSK

Putting all settings on automatic, the PS3 is unable to obtain IP address. Exact wording is, "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out". Doesn't give me an error code when I try to test it of course, but if I try to sign into my PSN account it gives me code: 80130182

If I do everything manually: IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Router, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS, UPnP disabled, then it'll succeed in obtaining the IP address, but the internet connection will fail and spit out error code 80028E01.

If I use the same settings as above I get the exact same result. 

If I set just the DNS servers manually and only the DNS servers, it can't obtain the IP address and again it spits out error code 80130182.

Power cycling my router and modem does absolutely nothing for it. As for the rest of my devices, they all connect no problem. Including some of my other gaming systems like my Wii, 3DS, and PSP. Like I said, I've been having this problem for weeks, and I'd really like to be able to get online with it. Can anyone give any advice? If you're just going to say upgrade my router, know that we've already got plans to do so, it's just a matter of getting the money together first.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
439 posts

Re: Weeks since I've been able to sign in

[ Edited ]
Mar 30, 2013

DarkGhostPhoenix wrote:

Okay, as the topic says, it's been weeks since I've been able to sign into PSN. For some reason, my PS3 just won't let me sign in anymore. I've tried everything I can, so now I must ask for help.

Here's the situation.

PS3 Slim

Netgear WGR614 v6 Router -- Starting to make a loud high-pitched noise. I suspect it is going out.

WPA-PSK

Putting all settings on automatic, the PS3 is unable to obtain IP address. Exact wording is, "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out". Doesn't give me an error code when I try to test it of course, but if I try to sign into my PSN account it gives me code: 80130182

If I do everything manually: IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Router, Primary DNS, and Secondary DNS, UPnP disabled, then it'll succeed in obtaining the IP address, but the internet connection will fail and spit out error code 80028E01.

If I use the same settings as above I get the exact same result. 

If I set just the DNS servers manually and only the DNS servers, it can't obtain the IP address and again it spits out error code 80130182.

Power cycling my router and modem does absolutely nothing for it. As for the rest of my devices, they all connect no problem. Including some of my other gaming systems like my Wii, 3DS, and PSP. Like I said, I've been having this problem for weeks, and I'd really like to be able to get online with it. Can anyone give any advice? If you're just going to say upgrade my router, know that we've already got plans to do so, it's just a matter of getting the money together first.

Thanks

Really frustrating bro I went trough that same thing 2 weeks ago , the only thing I can tell you is try updating your PS3 to current update just released 

that  should definitely solve your issues with connection timming out 

Message 2 of 3 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Weeks since I've been able to sign in

Apr 1, 2013

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've been on update 4.40 for awhile now and the issue still isn't fixed. So that can't be right.

Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)
0 Likes