Jun 25 2010
By: XxSaMpOxX First Son 1 posts

What is an XMB? PLASE HELP!

2 replies 393 views Edited Jun 25, 2010

I have a n account on PSN (Lunchbox1066) and i would like to have a new one because i have no idea why i chose it. i registerd a account and my new online id is called XxSaMpOxX. i tryed to log on but it wouldnt let me. it says something about a XMB vut i don't know what that means. please help

Message 1 of 3 (393 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17614 posts

Re: What is an XMB? PLASE HELP!

Jun 26, 2010

XMB is short for Cross-Media Bar (The X looks like a cross).  It is the name Sony gave to the graphical menu interface on Sony game consoles, including the PS3 and the PSP. That is all.   That acronym is frequently used in both the manuals and the forums when someone is giving you instructions on how to perform a task on the PS3.  If you want to use the new account on your PS3, you either have to create a new User (select the Create New User item in the same menu that you use to log in to the PS3) and then sign the new user up for Playstation Network using your new PSN account (just like you did the first time); or you can log in the way you do normally, and then select the Restore Default Settings command, which is under System Settings in the Settings menu of the XMB.  After you do that, you can go to the Playstation Network menu and Sign Up for Playstation Network with your new account.  If you use the second method, you won't be able to use any Playstation Store content that you purchased under your first PSN account, and any trophies will no longer appear on your PS3.  It is better to create a new PS3 User, and then sign that one up for Playstation Network with the new PSN account.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (391 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

Re: What is an XMB? PLASE HELP!

Feb 14, 2013

Moved from PS3 general.  :smileyhappy:

space_cape!!

Message 3 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes