Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 17 2012
By: QueenB82 Hekseville Citizen 364 posts

What's the deal with screensaver mode in Music Unlimited??

3 replies 305 views Edited Feb 17, 2012

And more importantly, why in the world won't work for me? I can't be the only one that notices this. I try to turn on screensaver mode in setting, but even after screensaver mode is enabled--no matter what time frame I set it to--it still never activates. It's rather annoying, especially when it's late and I prefer for my tv screen to be dimmer. Are you guys going to push Music Unlimited update to fix this?

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Re: What's the deal with screensaver mode in Music Unlimited??

Feb 17, 2012

Hmm, well I've seem to have caught a glimpse of it working....but the timing sucks on it still. I'm not sure if it has to so with the status on my friends list keep changing or what (people getting on/off), but if that is the case than somebody needs to do some serious recalibrating on the sensivity of how quick it can be kicked out of screensaver mode.

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I agree..the screensaver thing is total BS. I have a plasma TV and I NEED A SCREENSAVER!!! Sony should be held accountable for false advertising/lying.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Feb 1, 2013

QueenB82 wrote:

Hmm, well I've seem to have caught a glimpse of it working....but the timing sucks on it still. I'm not sure if it has to so with the status on my friends list keep changing or what (people getting on/off), but if that is the case than somebody needs to do some serious recalibrating on the sensivity of how quick it can be kicked out of screensaver mode.

Yes, the screensaver mode timer gets reset each time a pop-up notification appears on screen. This occurs universally (even in the XMB), it shouldn't be recognizing a pop-up notification as a controller input, yet it does... The notifcation can be anything, a friend getting online/offline, a message or friend request, or even a download/install notifcation will reset the screensaver. So if you receive any notification before or during the screensaver, the timer will be reset. The screensaver feature works, it just improperly detects a notification as a input. Even just using the sixaxis (by simply moving your controller) will reset the screensaver timer.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (244 Views)
0 Likes