Oct 10 2013
By: heat1306 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Why can't I change my PSN ID?

2 replies 724 views Edited Oct 10, 2013
What is the reason for not being aloud to changing ur psn ID? No reason. That's why people make fun of my psn. I rather be with xbox because I can do almost anything but ps3 is much better. I have been with Sony products my wholeee life fro tv's, cameras and DVD players to ps3 and subwoofers. So Dear Sony, please do something so that other users and I will be able to change our psn ID's.
Message 1 of 3 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Re: Why can't I change my PSN ID?

Oct 10, 2013

Will never happen. Period.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/254/kw/psn%20id
Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Message 2 of 3 (716 Views)
MVP Support
30059 posts

Re: Why can't I change my PSN ID?

Oct 10, 2013

People have been asking for this for six years.  Sony has never said anything more than what is in the knowledge base.  Whatever the reason is, Sony prefers not to discuss it.  It doesn't really matter what the reason is.  Sony owns PSN, and can implement whatever policies that it chooses.  Microsoft owns XBox Live, and can implement whatever policies that it chooses.  There is no reason why they should be the same. We could speculate, but it is pointless. As far as PSN is concerned, the answer is no.  You can't change your online id. End of story.  Sony could change its mind, but after six years, it isn't likely.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (707 Views)