Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: edward71 Splicer 70 posts
Accepted Solution

Will we Be able to Use are map packs from ps3 on ps4

4 replies 141 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I was wondering   the map,s I just got  for new cod  will I be able to use them on Ps4  I  was going to get another  map today but Wanted to know if  I can use it on ps4   &  just download the game   from psn  on the ps4  when it comes out it should play ps3 games by emulation if you download it online  i hope  thanks .

SCOTT MAYES
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14317 posts

Re: Will we Be able to Use are map packs from ps3 on ps4

Jun 22, 2013

The answer is no.  The reason is that you are mistaken about the PS4 being able to play PS3 games that are downloaded from the Playstation Store.  Sony made it quite clear that the PS4 has zero backward compatibility, which means that it will play no PS3 games at launch.  What confused you is that Sony announced future plans to offer a streaming game service from a subsidiary that already offers game streaming for the PC, that may, if it ever actually happens, offer an unspecified number of older Playstation games to stream to the PS4.  Sony never said that all PS3 games, or any particular PS3 game, will be available via the streaming service.  Sony hasn't even guaranteed that the service will ever launch at all.  It is just a future plan at this point.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I wonder if Ps4 will be able to download ps3 games from store like ps3 can download ps2
SCOTT MAYES
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14317 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Sony has not mentioned anything about "PS3 Classics" being available for the PS4.  It is possible, but nobody, including Sony, knows whether or not there will be any at this point.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Ok Thanks 

SCOTT MAYES
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (114 Views)