Highlighted
Mar 10 2013
By: The_Violator1985 First Son 3 posts

Wireless LAN? (Help)

5 replies 241 views Edited Mar 10, 2013
Hey guys, looking for a little bit of help here. I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but I have been surfing the web for the past 3 hours trying to find an answer. I am in the Air Force and stationed over seas at the moment in basically a barracks plenty of other guys in their rooms have their own tv and own ps3, and a bunch of us brought Black Ops 2 but since we have limited Internet we aren't able to play over the PSN. I have a Netgear wireless router WNR2000 and was wondering if a stand alone router with no Internet access would be able to allow LAN play? I have been messing with it all day but cannot seem to make any progress looking for any help out there to get this thing up and running if at all possible all of us have the latest game updates and console updates and run into a problem of either not seeing the game to error messages when we try to connect to them of cant join game session please help in our continued fight against the war on boredom. Thanks.
Message 1 of 6 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Re: Wireless LAN? (Help)

Mar 10, 2013
Hello,

You said you were seeing errors. Any Error Codes? Posting them here is a good start.
Message 2 of 6 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013
Mostly "an error occurred while accessing persistent rank data (0)" and then the standard unable to join selected game one.

Edit

I figured it was implied but to make it clear I have 1 Ethernet cable and was hoping to run the network wirelessly without having 10 fifty foot Ethernet cords all leading to my room, is that a possibility?
Message 3 of 6 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Mar 10, 2013

I know for sure that Black Ops 2 is very buggy with LAN and errors like this...you could get everyone to delete the updates for Black Ops 2 then try and connect over the network...one person might have to be signed in to an account then the rest can play...if the games were updated over a bad connection the updates could be corrupted...when i updated over a certain 3g connection updates would always be corrupted.

Message 4 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 11, 2013
Ok so what you guys are saying is, it is possible to wirelessly connect to each other at least through the Router the router isn't the problem it's the game files?
Message 5 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Well i guess make sure that the settings for your router allow for connection sharing...have you tried other multiplayer LAN games?...

But practice with at least one other ps3...maybe both delete the game data and try to connect.

*Edit

Looks like they just sent out a patch to fix yer problems...;

Multiplayer Issues Addressed
Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/12/black-ops-2-gets-chunky-update-ahead-of-micro-payments-patch-notes-i...

good luck

Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes