Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: b1azingkitting First Son 4 posts

acces date of birth

[ Edited ]
7 replies 229 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

hi a have a problem with my playstation date of birth it looks like i miss entered the wrong date of birth by accident totally my fault should of checked twice. I am looking for help on how to fix this problem what can i do who can i call to fix this issue i have right now i have no problems logging in because i know my password and email address but i really like to fix this problem, I have just in case that in the future terms for playstation change and that i required to put my password and date of birth as well this is worring me because i dont want to make a new psn account i dont want to lose all that i have in my account there has to be a solution to this problem this shouldent be impossible i mean i am trying to enter all the currect  information and i cant find a away to do it

Message 1 of 8 (229 Views)
MVP Support
16698 posts

Re: acces date of birth

Feb 4, 2013

You can't access the date-of-birth, or the secret-question answer, for your account.  To protect the account from being stolen by someone that learns your password, the security information for the account cannot be viewed in the account information.  Sony assumes that everyone knows their own date-of-birth, and the security question answer is also the kind of thing that the creator of the account should always know, or be able to find out.  If you somehow failed to enter basic information about yourself correctly, there is no way to fix that.  It is the only proof Sony has that the account ever belonged to you in the first place. It can't be changed, and Sony won't tell you what it is unless you can prove to them some other way that the account belongs to you.  Knowing the account password isn't enough.   

GKP
Message 2 of 8 (208 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I have the same problem. How can I contact Sony and prove that I am the owner of the account?

On my stolen account I have bought games that have value around 200$. And I can't play them.
Message 3 of 8 (204 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18369 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Here's a link that explains what to do if you used a fake b-day or just can;t remember what you put in. It's about midway down the page.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2466

Message 4 of 8 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

i way of proving to them like social security number, bank account, hospital bills, house bills are this thing that will prove to them that im the one thats owns that psn account probably all does thing wont work as prove havent tried it. do you know of a way to prove to psn that indeed this is my account and that i need to know the date of birth i enter incorrectly

Message 5 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Re: future terms

Feb 4, 2013

b1azingkitting wrote:

does anybody know if in the futere playstaion terms change and that we recire before singing in to enter email address, password, and date of birth because i entered the wrong date of birth wich was my fault should of checked twice. this worries me beacuse i have no clue of what i actually entered in the date of birth settings. and i dont want to create a new psn account i dont want to lose the one i have right now ive spend alot on this account. Right now i have no problem entering my account because i know my email and password. I just happended to try checking if i entered my date of birth correctly by going to forgot my password option and i tried entering my date of birth i looks like my actual date of birth this not enter it was incorrectly. is there some way of retreiving the wrong date of birth I entered

Welcome to the Forum.

I would like to say you should review information more carefully before pressing enter, but then again my PSN ID was supposed to be Mobilesuit75 and not Moblesuit75.

I did not notice it until two years later, when I went to have friends join me in an online game.  They said they could not find me, so I had to go back and check.  What do you know; I spelt it wrong when I started it.

You should be able to call Sony Systems Support and have them change it.  If all your other information is correct, you should only need to provide that for a change.

Just a warning, do not give any of it out to anyone who contacts YOU here.  You can always try contacting support here.  http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm (It is linked)

I hope this helps.  If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to contact a Mod, Admin or even one of us on the Welcoming Committee.  What one of us doe snot know, they other may.  We can help.

Welcome again.

Moble

Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18369 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Did you click my link and read what you need? No? Okay here it is from that link.

If you are unable to successfully set a new password using the methods provided, you will have to contact PlayStation support. Before doing so, please have your:

Online ID

Sign-in ID (email address)

Console serial number

Message 7 of 8 (172 Views)
MVP Support
16698 posts

Feb 5, 2013

You have to call customer support on the phone at 800-345-SONY.  You are expected to know the date-of-birth and security question answer associated with the account, but if you can provide the serial number of the console that the account was created on, or the credit card information associated with the account (if any), then that is sometimes also accepted.

GKP
Message 8 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes