May 10 2013
By: Dirtyvictim First Son 4 posts

connection keeps timing out

6 replies 132 views Edited May 10, 2013

I am hooked up to my router through an ethernet cord and my internet works fine, but i cannot connect to the Playstation Network. It just keeps saying that the connection timed out. is there anything i can do to get it working again? it's been since the 6th.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18252 posts

Re: connection keeps timing out

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Dirtyvictim wrote:

I am hooked up to my router through an ethernet cord and my internet works fine, but i cannot connect to the Playstation Network. It just keeps saying that the connection timed out. is there anything i can do to get it working again? it's been since the 6th.

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

It sounds like firewall issue or a congested network.

Are you able to access the internet via the PS3's web browser?

When you do the PS3's internet connection test, what are your results? You want to see NAT Type 2.

Is UPnP available? To obtain UPnP you must enable it on the PS3 and at the router level.

----

With that said, the best way to troubleshoot this is by connecting the PS3 directly to the modem and see if you are able to log into the PSN, access the PSN Store, play online, etc.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013

that must be the problem. UPnP is not available and NAT type failed. The problem is that I just moved into a new apartment and don't have access to router settings

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18252 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Dirtyvictim wrote:

that must be the problem. UPnP is not available and NAT type failed. The problem is that I just moved into a new apartment and don't have access to router settings

Now we are talking.

How are you connecting to the internet? Are you "borrowing" a WiFi signal? :smileytongue:

The only way to enable UPnP will be by talking to the owner of the router and ask him/her to enable UPnP at the router level. Once this is done then you will need to enable UPnP at the PS3 level.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013

no i'm not borrowing. I'm connected through ethernet cable to my apartment's router, my landlord just changed the default router password

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18252 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Dirtyvictim wrote:

no i'm not borrowing. I'm connected through ethernet cable to my apartment's router, my landlord just changed the default router password

That makes your landlord smart about his private network. I would be really mad with anybody who without my permission tampers with my private network. I would see it as a serious violation of trust. Do not force your way in. Talk to your landlord about turning on UPnP.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 10, 2013

yeah i did, plus i don't even know how i would force my way in. if it were open i'd just change it but since it's not there's not much else to do but email her

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes