Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: godzilladaddy First Son 2 posts

ghostbusters

2 replies 95 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

atari is not being honest, xbox is still up.the servers were all supposed to be shutdown ,they posted this to keep playstation legal from sueing them ,we need playstation to act.atari is ignorring the supprt tickets,wont call back when messages left on answering service,and they shutdown their forrum . PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO ACT

Message 1 of 3 (95 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Re: ghostbusters

Dec 11, 2012

godzilladaddy wrote:

atari is not being honest, xbox is still up.the servers were all supposed to be shutdown ,they posted this to keep playstation legal from sueing them ,we need playstation to act.atari is ignorring the supprt tickets,wont call back when messages left on answering service,and they shutdown their forrum . PLAYSTATION NEEDS TO ACT

Who you gonna call? :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry, I could not resist that one.  In all seriousness though.  PSN is a proxy server for third party online play.  Whatever Atari chooses to do for online and multi player support is up to them.  I am sure PlayStation is aware of the situation, but I doubt you will get an answer from them on it.

Just my thoughts.  Sorry about the joke, I really do take you seriously.  All in good fun eh?:smileywink:

Moble

Message 2 of 3 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15519 posts

Re: ghostbusters

Dec 11, 2012

There is nothing that Sony can do. This game is years old, hasn't been manufactured for years, and didn't sell all that well in the first place.  If you read the online terms-of-service for the game, you will find that Atari committed to provide server support for the game for maybe a year at most.  Some games don't have online support for even that long.  It is up to the publisher, and depends on sales of the game and how many people are using the online features. Atari's license agreement with Sony doesn't require it to support the game online for as long as you want to play it.  If the servers are just being turned off now, then Atari was pretty generous to the PS3 purchasers of the game.  Consider yourself lucky.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)
0 Likes