Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2013
By: bararthi23 First Son 1 posts

how to connect to playstation network when living in a dorm room/ college hostel

2 replies 110 views Edited Feb 23, 2013

I live in a college dorm room, i have to use the common internet connection shared among the entire block. The internet connection is really fast on my computers. But since i have now router i m not able to connect the ps3 to the playstation network. Whereas the internet in the browser on the ps3 works fine, the ps3 wont connect to the PSN. This problem exists with all the ps3's in the dorm. Please help

Message 1 of 3 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: how to connect to playstation network when living in a dorm room/ college hostel

Feb 23, 2013

The network connection you are using may be behind a firewall that it is preventing your connection to PSN. If this is true, the only resolution is getting the firewall administrator to open up the access. This will probably not be easy. The actual firewall work isn't difficult but convincing them to do it is.

Message 2 of 3 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Re: how to connect to playstation network when living in a dorm room/ college hostel

Feb 24, 2013

Uni's stance on you are there to "study" does change year on year but a harder line over if uni's should finace your GAMING on there networks did result in alot of broadband prioviders agreeing to Firewall there fibre connections.

They have no objections to you waisting your time passed out in the uni bar on watered down beer as that costs them nothing but unretricted broadband leads to leaching and using the network not for study.

Some Uni's now offer unresticted broadband if you pay for it Via Higher living Fees... but freshmen dorms don't normaly as your to cheap any way... and likely to drop out... 

PLEX APP for PS3 and PS4... free version coming soon...
NO NEED For DLNA...
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)
0 Likes