Mar 15 2013
By: gizziemo16 First Son 1 posts

netflix......

3 replies 428 views Edited Mar 15, 2013

i had a netflix account for myself when i lived in n.y. now i moved back in with my parents and im not allowed to use my dads netflix account it says i cant use someone else's account how do i get access to it do i have to create another user or do i have to delete netflix off my ps3. i find it really ridiculous that they make it this complicated!!!!

Message 1 of 4 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7517 posts

Re: netflix......

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Your netflix account is linked to your psn account I believe. If you fathers account hasn't authorized your playstation to use that netflix account it won't let you.  Talk to your dad about permission to use it on your PS3.

If I remember you have to go onto netflix itself and it gives you a password or something to be able to use it on your PS3... if my memory serves me. It's been sooo long. 

I would personally pay the 8 bucks a month and have my own account, which you already know worked and not even have to deal with the hassle.

Oh yeah... welcome to the forum!

Message 2 of 4 (355 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 2, 2013

i am also having the same problem. i have called netflix and they said that they deleted the my ps3 from all accounts and that the next time i logged in it should have the "new member" screen but it doesn't. it is always stuck on my dads netflix account. i have been able to log onto my ps3 netflix account for 4 months now and all of a sudden it won;t let me and thinks my dad's account is the one linked with it. i have tried everything, uninstalling netflix, re installing it, hacing it disconnected twice. i have no idea how to make my ps3 let me log on in my account. 

Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7517 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried going on to the Netflix site and reregistering your PS3 from there?

Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes