Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2012
By: fantasydad First Son 5 posts

primary/secondary account

5 replies 168 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

I set up a 2nd playstation for my wife. However, I set it up as a primary account instead of attaching to my account. Is there any way to reverse this process and set hers up under mine?

Message 1 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Re: primary/secondary account

Nov 28, 2012
Message 2 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Thread moved from PS Home Support

Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15575 posts

Nov 29, 2012

fantasydad wrote:

I set up a 2nd playstation for my wife. However, I set it up as a primary account instead of attaching to my account. Is there any way to reverse this process and set hers up under mine?

No.  But there is no reason to do so, because you did the right thing in the first place.  You don't get to choose what type of PSN account to create.  The account type is selected automatically based on the age of the person that will be using it.  Unless your wife is under 18, she is required to have a master account; just like you.  Sub-accounts are only for the minor children of master account holders.  Why would you want her to have a sub-account in the first place?  They are designed for kids.  Not adults. 

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Nov 29, 2012

gkpama00 wrote:

fantasydad wrote:

No.  But there is no reason to do so, because you did the right thing in the first place.  You don't get to choose what type of PSN account to create.  The account type is selected automatically based on the age of the person that will be using it.  Unless your wife is under 18, she is required to have a master account; just like you.  Sub-accounts are only for the minor children of master account holders.  Why would you want her to have a sub-account in the first place?  They are designed for kids.  Not adults. 

Required? If you mean if they put in the correct birthday it'll make a master account sure but we know people lie about that all the time. It's usually for a different reason. Maybe they want it to be a sub-account so they only need to put in Credit card info once or to otherwise share the wallet. Nothing wrong with that. The only potential drawback we should point out is age restrictions on some games because of the false birthday used and that once a sub-account is made it can never be made a master account.

Message 5 of 6 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15575 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Required in the sense that it is a violation of the PSN terms of service and user agreement to register with false information.  It is possible to do so, but it isn't permitted. That matters to some people, and it doesn't matter to others. 

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes