Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: "Please enter a valid credit card number"

Jan 27, 2013

Being told to go buy a pre-paid card or change your credit card is unacceptable. Not everyone lives in towns big enough for local stores to bother stocking playstion pre-paid cards. 

Message 11 of 90 (7,939 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Man, this is such a mess lol. I just tried about everything, after an hour on my PS3 I decided to try entering different addresses online to see if the CC would go through then, but nothing. I'm not sure what the hell it is checking for, but I'll never be able to charge my CC with Sony it seems. Too bad cause I was just about to buy Dead Space 3 and a year membership to Plus, lol. Nevermind, I'll just get DS3 at gamestop this weekend.

Message 12 of 90 (7,829 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Same problem here. So annoying.

UPDATE: I updated my ZIP Code in the Billing Address to the full 9-digit ZIP that must be on my credit card billing. It fixed the problem for me. If you don't know your 9-digit ZIP, you can look it up on the USPS.com Postal Service website.

Message 13 of 90 (7,734 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2013

I found a way online :Go to playstation store on website and look for the cards they show u the code online

Message 14 of 90 (7,672 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Mar 2, 2013

KindredCoda42 wrote:

Same problem here. So annoying.

UPDATE: I updated my ZIP Code in the Billing Address to the full 9-digit ZIP that must be on my credit card billing. It fixed the problem for me. If you don't know your 9-digit ZIP, you can look it up on the USPS.com Postal Service website.

9-digit zip code didn't fix it for me :smileysad:

Message 15 of 90 (7,670 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2013
I don't know about everyone here, but I also got the same message as everyone else here did. "Please use a valid credit card". Well my problem was--well may be a little stupid on my part--that I didn't activate my card after receiving and having it for 2 months. I never had to use it for a long time so when I did try to use it, bam that problem happened. I later figured out by logging onto my bank account that it wasn't activated. And so after activating it, I was able to use it to purchase items on the playstation store again. I hope this helps anyone.
Message 16 of 90 (7,480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 24, 2013
PS: Also apparently I needed to backspace all my spaces as well to make sure it would work because when I had spaces I got the same error again.
Message 17 of 90 (7,478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2013

I have the solution! In the Street Address 1, type in your apartment or house number and on street adress two, type your street or road for example.

Street Address 1 - 123

Street Address 2 -  Hollywood Ave.

Message 18 of 90 (7,334 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2013

This isn't an issue of not accepting the card.  PSN never recieves the info becaues it doesnt submit it. It says its invalid.  Like theres a symbol in the cc# line for ex.

Message 19 of 90 (7,168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2013

I know we shouldn't have to go out of our way just to change our information but I've been having this problem for a few days an I just now fixed it. Go into the Sony Entertainment Network and go under accounts, there you can change your account manually without problems. It worked for me and right after I purchased something and it went through smoothly. I hope this helps.

Message 20 of 90 (7,128 Views)