Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2012
By: SLICK_T Splicer 62 posts

"WARNING" HUGE 4.30 MAJOR PROBLEMS!

[ Edited ]
16 replies 1877 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

When you jump on the ps3 internet browser and then hit the ps home button and go to music to start up a song to listen to while surfing the web on the ps3 browser and you go to hit the ps button again while your song is still playing and you go to your inbox messages and try to reply to someone your ps3 will go black screen and restart like your setting it up for the first time. I never had this issue before update 4.30. We can NOT reply to anyone in our inbox while on the internet browser and listening to a song like we could before update 4.30. Also we can't view our trophies while on the ps3 browser as we could before as well. Thanks for bricking my slim ps3 sony. Taking away features that worked fine before once again. Thanks!

Also on Netflix while watching something, if you try to message someone it LAGS REALLY TERRIBLE and no matter what you do you can't back out till it decides to stop lagging. So messages to friends while on netflix is broken as well. First they delay the new store cause it was glitched like no other in other countries so they delay it in the usa. I swear the guy making these updates has no idea what he is doing and abused the limited RAM on ps3 trying to make a feature that shows ps vita trophies on ps3, but he messed up the ps3 stability to JUNK in the process. Too much ram is reverted to the stupid vita trophy feature and now our ps3's are sluggish and ruined. Give me back update 4.25 or give me back over $2,000 I've invested on psn for the ps3 since 2007 to now cause at this state its BROKEN. 

I Might as well go out and buy a new ipod 5th gen or Xbox 360 for gaming and finally say goodbye to delaystation 3 and glitch fest ps3. This is unacceptable. Get it fixed cause I really do not want to have to go to paying yearly for Xbox Live to avoid the headaches PS3 causes 24/7! Get the issues fixed already! 

Message 1 of 17 (1,877 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Re: "WARNING" HUGE 4.30 MAJOR PROBLEMS!

Oct 24, 2012

Check out this thread, and leave all of your issues listed as a response.

Click here

YB

Message 2 of 17 (1,874 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2012

what sucks about this 4.30 is Ican't stearm videos now. They put in this utter garbage youtube app earlier so they didn't have to upgrade a flash player, making it difficult to even get to youtube on you web browser. Now I can't even view anything streaming on any site.

Message 3 of 17 (1,797 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Sony is **bleep** up big time now. I can't even install the update because it freezes at 99% or give me an error code -____- and after reading what some of you guys are experiencing because of the update make me not want to install it...
Message 4 of 17 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Oct 24, 2012

It seems like every new update has issues.  To go further, it seems all these bugs have something to do with the Browser, Apps and Netflix.

I have been reamed for mentioning this, and sited that firmware updates would have nothing to do with third party apps and services.  Yet here we are with more examples of systems going awry when these apps and services are initiated under the new patches.

I do not believe I am even up to 4.30 yet.  Although I have PLUS, and it is probably updating as we speak.  This being said, I never had the issues others were having with 4.25, and with no surprise, I do not use the browser, Netflix or any apps like YouTube.  Yet it is NOT an integration issue?

Someone must know.

Moble

Message 5 of 17 (1,749 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

I can't even download the update, it gets to 62% either by internet or with pc method.  gives an error code or says file is corrupted when I download via pc method. I use my ps3 for streaming video content mostly and I'm a little **bleep** that it doesn't work.  I haven't had any problems with any other update this is the only one. And why do I have to go to a third party site to find the current update when on playstation.com all you have is the link for 4.25?

Message 6 of 17 (1,670 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4145 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

This thread was moved from Forum Information and Help. :smileywink:

space_cape!!

Message 7 of 17 (1,654 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 24, 2012

You trying to hide these issues from people space_cape? First you send me a message warning me I'll be banned for letting the tycoon developer know about a foul cuss word psn name and cheating or glitching on tycoon city on his forum post and now you moved my forum from the main stream? What is your problem? I'm all EYES! Type away!

Message 8 of 17 (1,635 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Oct 24, 2012

SLICK_T wrote:

You trying to hide these issues from people space_cape? First you send me a message warning me I'll be banned for letting the tycoon developer know about a foul cuss word psn name and cheating or glitching on tycoon city on his forum post and now you moved my forum from the main stream? What is your problem? I'm all EYES! Type away!

You posted in the Forum information sub-forum. He just moved it to the PlayStation Network Support sub-forum. It'll be seen a lot faster.

It's not like he deleted your thread...

YB

Message 9 of 17 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Its all good then, I didn't know it was moved there. I'm still NEW to the forum so little by little I'm trying to figure out how I post my forum messages in the right place. I do all of my post from my ps3 web browser so its not easy as a being on a computer browser lol. Thanks for informing me he moved it there. Thats where it actually belongs!

Message 10 of 17 (1,538 Views)
0 Likes