Jun 02 2013
By: GrapeCatastrophe First Son 1 posts

"You Cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (E-mail address)"

2 replies 867 views Edited Jun 2, 2013

Hi, so, I just started up my PS3 and wanted to watch Netflix but I can't log into my PSN account because this thing keeps popping up. But I mean, it's my e-mail, it's the same e-mail I have been using all this time. It's really random. I don't get it Smiley Sad. Help?

Message 1 of 3 (867 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: "You Cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (E-mail address)"

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

GrapeCatastrophe wrote:

Hi, so, I just started up my PS3 and wanted to watch Netflix but I can't log into my PSN account because this thing keeps popping up. But I mean, it's my e-mail, it's the same e-mail I have been using all this time. It's really random. I don't get it Smiley Sad. Help?

This is happening on the same User Profile (the profile you select all the way to the left in the XMB) and the same PSN ID you registered when you created the User Profile?

Each PSN ID is connected to the User Profile you created it on. Meaning, you can not log-in to any User Profile, go to "PlayStation Network" in the XMB, and sign in as a different PSN ID user, with a different e-mail / password. You will need to create another User Profile on your PS3.

If you are not doing this, and this is truly a random occurrence, someone may have messed with your account.

Have you "Game Shared" at all with someone recently? Do you live with anyone else that has access to your PS3?

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 3 (863 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Re: "You Cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (E-mail address)"

Jun 2, 2013

GrapeCatastrophe wrote:

Go to the far left of the XMB menu, choose users, choose new users then choose add exsiting user, then sign in with the same email addres & PSN ID you always did with the Netflix account.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 3 (708 Views)
0 Likes